I agree with the resolve over perception for tanky fellows. When youre wearing full plate your recovery time is already going to be pretty high. you wont want to get interrupted and make it even longer. And with the high recovery time youll have less chances to interrupt, making perception less useful. 

Are you mixing Perception( Gives tank stats and Interrupt) with Dexterity( Gives Action Speed and Reflex )at the moment ? because Perception is key stat for paladin and a tank so is resolve and you need both , on other hand Dexterity is useless because as you said with heavy armor you loose like 40-50 recovery time anyway so loosing another 25 from having min dex is not a huge impact also with Paladin tank you dont need recovery speed for anything all you need is Tank stats + aoe range for your auras so Holy trinity of paladin stats : Perception , Int , Resolve all should be maxed for a proper build

Edited by Exoduss

Hard for the first playtrough seems very very balanced if you want a challenging CRPG , PoTD is there for replayabilty imo or for those who want to hardcore from the very beginning , also most builds mentioned here doesnt make too much sense keeping all stats over 10 is just waste in PoE 1-2 stat points makes no difference but more you stack better effect you get so you get the most from Maxing important stats like Resolve and Perception for Paladin Tanks or Max Might + Aumaua for Paladin DPS'ers instead of having like 10 Dexterity that does exactly nothing ... 

Edit : and when you have all stats over 10 they dont suddenly become "balanced" they actually are leaning more towards wasted , and for those who will say sht about minmax etc etc etc why talk about builds at all then its proven that any build works in this game on lower difficulties .

Some people like to roleplay. I can never force myself to make a retarded or feeble or whatever paladin.

• Like 1

I seriously advise picking Pale Elf. They get +10 Fire & Cold Damage Reduction. Flat +10. NOT %. Makes Phantoms and all a whole lot easier:D

also for me 

14/10/10/15/14/15 works well. Int for extra aura + longer duration on buffs and bigger aoe on spells from scrolls. Also more dialog options especially if you get +stats on different items.

Edited by Killyox

Hard for the first playtrough seems very very balanced if you want a challenging CRPG , PoTD is there for replayabilty imo or for those who want to hardcore from the very beginning , also most builds mentioned here doesnt make too much sense keeping all stats over 10 is just waste in PoE 1-2 stat points makes no difference but more you stack better effect you get so you get the most from Maxing important stats like Resolve and Perception for Paladin Tanks or Max Might + Aumaua for Paladin DPS'ers instead of having like 10 Dexterity that does exactly nothing ... 

Edit : and when you have all stats over 10 they dont suddenly become "balanced" they actually are leaning more towards wasted , and for those who will say sht about minmax etc etc etc why talk about builds at all then its proven that any build works in this game on lower difficulties .

Some people like to roleplay. I can never force myself to make a retarded or feeble or whatever paladin.

clearly those people dont make topics "Paladin Stats"

To post above : MoonGodlike is master race for paladin's having AoE Heal when you loose endurance you can even RP :D , it would help on shades even more ! 

14 / 10 / 10 / 15 / 14 /15 build could aswell just be 14 / 10 / 3 / 18 / 16 / 18 , look at what u loose ( nothing ) and what u gain ( SOMETHING ) 

• 1 month later...

I agree with the resolve over perception for tanky fellows. When youre wearing full plate your recovery time is already going to be pretty high. you wont want to get interrupted and make it even longer. And with the high recovery time youll have less chances to interrupt, making perception less useful. 

Are you mixing Perception( Gives tank stats and Interrupt) with Dexterity( Gives Action Speed and Reflex )at the moment ? because Perception is key stat for paladin and a tank so is resolve and you need both , on other hand Dexterity is useless because as you said with heavy armor you loose like 40-50 recovery time anyway so loosing another 25 from having min dex is not a huge impact also with Paladin tank you dont need recovery speed for anything all you need is Tank stats + aoe range for your auras so Holy trinity of paladin stats : Perception , Int , Resolve all should be maxed for a proper build

No, they weren't mixing it up. Perception derives your chance for an interrupt, and resolve derives your concentration/chance to squash enemy interrupts.

I've been playing a Fire Godlike Paladin-Darcozzi Paladini, Aedyre Slave at 18-8-18-14-6-14

Might and dexterity go hand in hand for me, I want to hit fast AND hard. Also didn't wanna miss out on convo options with resolve/perception as they came up in the game way more than I thought they ever would. Found that being as quick as I was (dual-wield as well) with decent defense bonuses, I didn't need constitution at all. And with Intellect, my AoE was only rly necessary for the hard-hitters I was fighting beside, and my backline people didn't need my auras so much, so I dumped it, being more focused on damage dealing than the support role. Scion of flame  with fire godlike tacked on a lot of burn damage, eventually I enchanted all my weapons to deal extra burn too, which was a fun roleplay-a fiery crusader, LITERALLY! :D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=416939844&insideModal=1

He gives good info and advice for min-maxers. It took me a while to wrap my head around it, but eventually I came around to building my Moon Godlike Shieldbearer paladin tank 15/3/4/18/20/18.

This gives me good AOE healing from Moon Godlike Silver Tide, unshakable will (I'm thinking the very worst thing for a tank would be to be charmed, because this completely breaks his main purpose and makes enemies randomly attack anyone else), half-decent Reflex, and super high Deflection and Concentration.

PS Silver Tide is broken for me on the Mac GoG version 1.0.6, in that it sometimes heals everyone except myself. I will take a screenshot and make a bug report about this. Still, it works often enough to be worth having, and it does reliably heal everyone else.

Any build is fine.

But paladins make great tanks and can heal and some buffs.

Id prefer this if you want to max his stats (orlan)

17 mig

6 con (or more or less from int/dex)

5 dex

20 per

10 int

20 res

Dex, con, int doesnt really matter how you place. If you want more dps go dex 15 for example)

Have him use a drain weapon (superb club is very good or sabre purgatory)

You will deal decent damage and go full tank. Awesome tank.