Spell levels per encounter = Character level minus 1

A level 1 spell costs 1 spell level. A level 2 costs 2. Etc.

So at level 6, you could cast 5 level 1 spells. Or you could cast  2 level 3 spells. Or you could cast 1 level 1, 1 level 3, 1 level 2 spell.

This provides diversity rather than spam, and encourages wisely choosing your spells per encounter rather dumping, say, 4 Winter Winds and/or Blizzards on every encounter on your Druid because they're the best free source of damage you have.

It'd require a small UI addition keeping track of your spells levels per encounter.

Probably not gonna happen, I just thought it seemed like an elegant solution. Returning to my bored tinkering while awaiting the patch...

Mana system - they already have it with the cipher:)

Although not a terrible idea, I like their one to gradually turn their spells from ''per rest'' to ''per encounter''.

...but not so much their rule that spells need acc!

Btw ''Spell levels per encounter = Character level minus 1'' leaves me with fewer spells than current one...and seeing how unreliable they are I am not too big on that:)

Although not a terrible idea, I like their one to gradually turn their spells from ''per rest'' to ''per encounter''.

...but not so much their rule that spells need acc!

Btw ''Spell levels per encounter = Character level minus 1'' leaves me with fewer spells than current one...and seeing how unreliable they are I am not too big on that:)

This would be in addition to spells per rest. Though spells/rest could be reduced a bit to compensate and not give too many for boss fights and so on.

Otherwise we'd get way too few spells relatively.

Naw, I understand why there's an appeal to the idea, but I do like the use of separate resources for separate spell levels, and the way it motivates you to use spells of different levels.

Which is probably the best-designed class, barring its lack of variety. But that's neither here nor there.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Cipher design wouldn't work with Wizard since Wizard does terrible weapon damage and has poor base accuracy. You'd run out of "mana" quickly, then be useless most of the fight.

Oh, absolutely, the classes as they are wouldn't go well with Cipher mechanics. They could've built a whole game off of those mechanics, though. I wouldn't complain. :)

Just idle banter, mind.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.