Path of the damned should be the default, and only difficulty setting

You should also have to play the game blind folded, with 1 hand tied behind your back.

Yes. Also with a strobe light on, and with a dwarf whispering the entirety of "The Hobbit" backwards in your left ear.

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

the beginning shadows are actually a lot more challenging than the later game on PotD.

• Like 1

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Everything too easy now. I just couldn't be asked waiting for the patch hotfix and started again. Swapped out my weakling rogue to another arbalest pally for double zealous modals and POTD = Easy mode.

Edited by Mungri

Yes, currently it's overkill to go with a custom minmax group. It's not required. That's why the Endless Path is such a great idea. Had some fun and difficult battles there today.

Edited by paz12
  • Like 2

I do agree that combat on Path of the Damned feels a lot like it did in IE games on Normal. (although, I'm playing an all-cypher party, so the early game is a lot more difficult than it could be)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Indeed, I play the game solo with no armor on PotD with both my hands behind my back (use my feet instead) and the screen turned off and it still isn't difficult enough, we clearly need something more challenging.

• Like 2

Indeed, I play the game solo with no armor on PotD with both my hands behind my back (use my feet instead) and the screen turned off and it still isn't difficult enough, we clearly need something more challenging.

Feet. FEET!?

A real gamer straps himself unto his chair and snaps his neck before even starting, then plays using his tongue and nose. A lifetime of handicap is no price too high for the true gaming experience.

• Like 4

I think they should revamp PotD a bit. A stat boost doesn't make for enjoyable combat, it just reduces viable tactics and spells.

It'd be better if enemies had better gear, more composed and more numerous groups with casters and ranged.

PotD does some of that, but the main challenge is just overcoming the higher defense stats and dealing with lots of RNG and whiffing. Which favors accuracy boosts considerably. 4/6 of my PotD crew are Wood Elves.

• Like 2

Personally I feel like Obsidian really dropped the ball with difficulty and of course the XP issue. In an interview I remember hearing J.E.S. say that Pillars of Eternity was a 'niche' game. It feels a lot more like a game which was designed so that anyone who owned a mouse and keyboard could win and feel powerful instead.

Feet. FEET!?

A real gamer straps himself unto his chair and snaps his neck before even starting, then plays using his tongue and nose. A lifetime of handicap is no price too high for the true gaming experience.

I have to admit you have a fair point, and it is indeed a far more rewarding challenge to use my face only to truly experience this game the way it was meant to be. Also, lending the neighbours cat and putting a significant amount of catnip on the keyboard enhanced this even further, my face may be utterly maimed but I finally find this game challenging enough.

• Like 2

Feet. FEET!?

I have to admit you have a fair point, and it is indeed a far more rewarding challenge to use my face only to truly experience this game the way it was meant to be. Also, lending the neighbours cat and putting a significant amount of catnip on the keyboard enhanced this even further, my face may be utterly maimed but I finally find this game challenging enough.

Thank you, this greatly helped my experience! Although, I may have to cycle through keyboards as the blood from my mauled visage keeps messing with the hardware... Or maybe this is just another challenge that I should embrace!

• Like 1

Feet. FEET!?

Thank you, this greatly helped my experience! Although, I may have to cycle through keyboards as the blood from my mauled visage keeps messing with the hardware... Or maybe this is just another challenge that I should embrace!

Embrace it, half of my keys aren't working anymore which improves the challenge even further, as I can no longer pause the game, and changing the hotkeys are for weaklings. It is truly a path of the damned.

• Like 2