Murder for fun and profit.

So I just wanted to complain about the fact that you need Vithrack brains to make exceptional weapons. It just seems straight up wrong. The Vithrack are sapient and not really so different from humans and orlans and dwarves from what I can tell from the lore. I have met some and I have read about them from an in game book. I have also killed some who attacked me. It just seems straight up evil to harvest them to make weaponry though.

• Like 1

The Vithrak are psychic humanoid arachnids whose minds are so different from the Kith that just contacting it will cause a person to go completely nuts. They're basically PoE's Illithids.

My thoughts exactly.  That, plus if it isnt on the list for things the Anti-Kith enchantment affects on a weapon, then it doesnt fit my criteria :p

The Vithrak are psychic humanoid arachnids whose minds are so different from the Kith that just contacting it will cause a person to go completely nuts. They're basically PoE's Illithids.

But in the game they're often more reasonable than any human and their NPCs, if they have dialogue, never attack you first, which is cute, kinda like undead in PST. They are always ready to reason with PC, provide rewards and they can even be trusted to hold their promises as proved when their leader punishes his own when they try to attack you in Od Nua. They're not like illithid at all, those just think of everyone but them as slave fodder.

Edited by Shadenuat

But in the game they're often more reasonable than any human and their NPCs, if they have dialogue, never attack you first, which is cute, kinda like undead in PST. They are always ready to reason with PC, provide rewards and they can even be trusted to hold their promises as proved when their leader punishes his own when they try to attack you in Od Nua. They're not like illithid at all, those just think of everyone but them as slave fodder.

Not slave fodder, really, so much as nourishment for the Mother Brain. The real difference between the two is that Illithids are hive-minded and the Vithrak aren't. They fill the same thematic role, is what I meant.

So I just wanted to complain about the fact that you need Vithrack brains to make exceptional weapons. It just seems straight up wrong. The Vithrack are sapient and not really so different from humans and orlans and dwarves from what I can tell from the lore. I have met some and I have read about them from an in game book. I have also killed some who attacked me. It just seems straight up evil to harvest them to make weaponry though.

How's that different from, say, bounty-hunting?

I’m selling these fine leather jackets.

How's that different from, say, bounty-hunting?

Bounty hunting is going after a known threat to everyone and fixing that threat in a rather extreme fashion. Sure in todays terms it is still on the moral gray side of things but it isnt anywhere near as bad as hunting down people to turn them into weapons.

Yeah in general I guess I am seeing how I never really paid enough attention. I realised fairly early on that I would not need consumables and I am a bit of a vacuum cleaner when it comes to loot and I pay it about as much attention as a vacuum cleaner does dust. When I was speaking with a Vithrack who didn't want to fight me and then I remembered the book I guess I just got a bit sympathetic towards them. Well here is hoping that in future PoE games that there aren't quite so many items made from sentient beings.