Using same weapon in multiple weapon sets?

Apologies if this has been covered, but I couldn't find it in any searches. Since there is only one icon for a weapon, I can't place that weapon in two different weapon sets at the same time. This prevents me from using my best weapon in two different sets.

For example, I might want to use a shield for more survivability early in an encounter, but then swap the shield out and go dual wield once the enemies have thinned out a bit. Is there a way to do this that I have missed and if not, can it be added in an update?   

• 2 weeks later...

This can't be done, currently, and it is indeed frustrating. It hasn't been an issue to me personally, but I can see how it would be very annoying to someone that bothers paying attention to resistances and using the best weapon. I've got exactly one sword-and-board fighter, and it's Edér, but I'm sure I would be incredibly annoyed if I was the tank myself, or if I dual-wielded much and wanted to switch weapons dynamically.

Weapon Sets should just be links to items that you keep in your inventory, would solve a lot of issues.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Yeah, it comes down to the way IE-style (as opposed to NWN-style) weapon sets are arranged. The IE games had just the opposite problem, with a single shield/off-hand slot that obstructed changes in weapon style.

The only solution I can think of that would keep the IE model is making left-hand and right-hand slots separate. Characters would have a list of each (vertical in the inventory UI), and could only switch to a two-handed weapon if the left hand was empty.

The NWN approach would be more elegant, though.

Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

This was anounced in the game right? ghosting weapons and shield between sets?

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/