Can we make a new bug list?

Hatred

Question

I have found a few bugs in the game which aren't "gamebreaking" like all of the other bugs everyone is on about. I am hoping that we can get a list going of bugs which are a bit smaller and less urgent and maybe a list of balance changes people feel we need (please no comments about wanting infinite rest or per encounter spells for wizards it feels like all I see in these forums and there are already multiple solutions in place).

So far what I have found :

1. Secrets of Rime. The damage portion doesn't work. It neither applies to the damage or shows up anyplace as doing so.

2. The Chant which adds fire damage to your weapon. It reads that it adds 25 fire damage or something but it actually adds a percentage like the burning lash ability. I am guessing it is a typo.

3.Marked Prey. Reads as 20 flat damage to your attacks. I 'think' it is adding a percentage.

4. Kana. For no reason I can decipher he gets double deflection from shields. So sadly he gets to stay in my keep at all times :( I really like him too.

3 answers to this question

I looked into secrets of rime and the other elemental damage talents.  They all correctly display their bonus DR on the character sheet, but the damage bonus they apply is hidden in the sense that it is calculated into the base damage roll in combat logs.  I tested 2 wizard spells for each element and they all applied the extra damage correctly.

Marked prey gives a 50% damage boost to the ranger only (+20 bonus damage could be very unbalanced), making me think it may be bugged in that it doesn't provide a benefit to the pet.

Secrets of Rime isn't applying damage for my druid. I am using a spell which does 30-50 damage which is 38-64 after might applies. With might and Rime it should be a 47% damage increase in total. So the minimum damage would be 43-44 and the max would be 73-74 (sorry I am just using my head to do this math). I am not seeing these numbers though. So far yet to get a hit that high or a crit of over 100 which should be possible. I don't scan all of the numbers in my logs but of all the ones I have scanned I dont see anything suggesting it is working. I guess I will look harder for a bit longer now.

Edit : yeah I just did a heap more casts and finally found a hit with a damage of over 64 so you are right.

Edited by Hatred

Marked prey gives a 50% damage boost to the ranger only (+20 bonus damage could be very unbalanced), making me think it may be bugged in that it doesn't provide a benefit to the pet.

I agree - Marked Prey does not give any damage boost to ranger's animal companion (or at least it is not displayed in combat log).