Yes, this question sounds REALLY STUPID. It's not. In the stronghold, some stuff happens as time passes, but some things refer to "turns" which seem to have no stable relationship to game time. What the heck are these turns? Sometimes they pass hours apart from each other, sometimes there's a week-long gap. 

My best guess is that a turn changes whenever the PC completes a quest. (But what kind of a quest? Do Tasks count?) Stuff usually seems to happen right as you finish quests that would be awfully coincidental. That's not explained anywhere in-game that I can find. If this is the case, I'm ambivalent about it from a design perspective. On the one hand, it forces the PC to actually go out and do **** instead of durdling around to get infinite money off the backs of their companions. On the other hand, since it only applies to side missions (which I've yet to receive anything from a side mission that I couldn't get in 15 minutes of looting with my main party), just sitting around and doing those wouldn't really change things anyway.

Plus it incentivizes players to hold off on completing quests until there's something at the stronghold they want to have finished, since there are only X quests in the game and a hypothetically infinite quantity of randomly-generated side quests. 

Turns are based on quests & tasks, yes. There've been threads on this over the last couple of days you might be able to find.

I found Tha ring that gives 5c a turn. Silly question but must it be equipped to get the bonjs? I assume so.

Yes, however I'm not sure if you can keep the ring on a companion not in the party. If you look at the log when you unequip the ring, it clearly shows that the bonus is deactivated. In any case it's only 5 coppers, I ask myself why I even bother managing it sometimes.

As to the OP, turns seems to me to come up on journal updates that are accompanied by XP gain. You'll probably find a more precise and less anecdotal answer somewhere else though...

Turns are based on quests & tasks, yes. There've been threads on this over the last couple of days you might be able to find.

I looked. Sadly all the search results were filled by stuff about y'alls April Fool's joke about turn-based combat. If I'd looked on the 31st, maybe I would have had an easier time finding it. 

The game doesn't exactly describe what a turn is, and it took me quite a long time to figure out that it was done by quest advancement. It's not really over-thinking if you can't figure that out, since it's not the most intuitive thing in the world.

Some *exact* numbers would've been nice. The game goes out of its way to present the exact calculations of every attack - even thinking about a neat way of presenting them while not constantly cluttering the combat log. With regard to turns, though, "it has to do with doing quests" is all the game has to say?

"Complete on turn 6" - I think that it doesn't count down, but upwards. So when you got the stronghold, turn 1 started. Kana will return from his quest on turn 6.

Of course, the game doesn't tell you anywhere on which turn it currently is.

Edited by Varana

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

So can anyone confirm if turn is based on quest completion? This is kind of absurd. I because quest are finite right? If you happened to complete most of the quests and you started the mission, then you wont be able to complete the mission and your companion will be stucked in the mission forever?

Why not instead of discouraging rest spams to avoid abusing time, just make it real time like 2 hours and etc.?