Is it possible to learn new crafting/enchant recipies?

I'm really quite disappointed in the enchanting/crafting system in this game. There are woefully few options. There are tons of unique armor/weapons with interesting properties that I'd like to be able to learn so I can put them on other items. It'd be nice if we could disenchant items to learn their properties so they can be added to other weapons.

Is there something like this in the game and I just missed it, or are we really stuck with the paucity of options we have now?

Thanks.

I don't really care about naming them as you only see the name when you click on the item, but what annoys me is that you can't change the base model of weapons/armor. For instance if you take plate armor and enchant it with Fine or Exceptional it still looks like plain old plate armor. The actual Fine Plate Armor or Exceptional Plate Armor looks a hell of a lot cooler.

• Like 2

While we're on the issue, I must say that it's frustrating as all hell to not be able to remove Enchantments. I'd love to retool one of my rapiers, but I can't. One needs to be ridiculously careful with what/how you enchant your weapons & armour.

Also, yeah, the selection is limited and it all feels very meh. Yeah, Enchanting is important, it feels important, it has an impact, but it just feels unfulfilling and unengaging in actual play, I think.

Also, I'm sad that the only things you can Enchant is Armour and Weapons. Not even cloaks or helmets.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

I agree. I'd love to be able to put Second Chance on items myself. Or Annihilation. Or any of the myriad other effects that seem to be unique to the items they're on (but not SINGULARLY unique, so far as I know). Make them take rarer reagents. That's fine. I just want to be able to be free from keeping around items I could upgrade because their enchantments are too good to pass up. I'd also love to be able to rename items. Write a description for them if I want. I can't imagine allowing us to edit the text boxes of an item name and it's fluff description would be tough. But, admittedly, I don't know.

Also, yes, enchanting hats and cloaks would rock.

• Like 1

While we're on the issue, I must say that it's frustrating as all hell to not be able to remove Enchantments. I'd love to retool one of my rapiers, but I can't. One needs to be ridiculously careful with what/how you enchant your weapons & armour.

Also, yeah, the selection is limited and it all feels very meh. Yeah, Enchanting is important, it feels important, it has an impact, but it just feels unfulfilling and unengaging in actual play, I think.

Also, I'm sad that the only things you can Enchant is Armour and Weapons. Not even cloaks or helmets.

Actually I accidentaly found out u can UNenchant one weapon, but its more of an exploit /bug and has to do with a statue....

I'm disappointed by the fact that you can't even name your enchanted items. That seems like it should have been an easy feature to implement. (But maybe not, I wouldn't really know.)

That's a good point. I think that would be pretty cool to implement. 

I liked the crafting options in Arcanum a lot because you had to find schematics to assemble items.

Or in Diablo 2, where you had to experiment with the Horadic cube to find different formulas. 

In this game, all the recipes are already given to you. I think it would be have been kind of fun to put in hints on recipes throughout the game. 

The challenge of unlocking or finding new recipes/items is gone. 

It'll be one of those features that they didn't have the time to flesh out properly before main release. No doubt more depth is planned for a future patch, expansion, or sequel. It sucks, but it's clear across the game that some features have had this issue.

Edited by HetMasteen

It would have also been pretty cool to break down existing enchanted weapons into components that you can recycle for other weapons. 

So, if i enchant a weapon which already has an enchantment on it, like a Fine Sword, and i want to make it a Superior weapon, does the new enchantment overwrite the old one, or do both enchantments stay on the weapon, with the lower enchantment being suppressed (i assume they wont stack)?

So, if i enchant a weapon which already has an enchantment on it, like a Fine Sword, and i want to make it a Superior weapon, does the new enchantment overwrite the old one, or do both enchantments stay on the weapon, with the lower enchantment being suppressed (i assume they wont stack)?

An item can have 1 enchantment from each category.

The "Quality" category is special in that you can overwrite an existing enchantment with a better one.