If I just want to beat on the enemy I should play on easy right?

Oh that  an interesting idea to not take the priest and the Wizard companions than I'm pretty sure I'm playing on easy if I do that but early game the wizard can just pew pew with his wand or whatever you call it. 

Yeah that's a good idea but I'd only have four men at the beginning if I only have 1 adventurer.  One fighter, me(barbarian)  a chanter and a hireling.  I'm pretty sure that would be on easy mode though.

Oh that  an interesting idea to not take the priest and the Wizard companions than I'm pretty sure I'm playing on easy if I do that but early game the wizard can just pew pew with his wand or whatever you call it. 

Yeah that's a good idea but I'd only have four men at the beginning if I only have 1 adventurer.  One fighter, me(barbarian)  a chanter and a hireling.  I'm pretty sure that would be on easy mode though.

I got pretty deep into Act 1 with just Aloth and Eder, but you will definitely have difficulty with only 3 members.

Wands do pretty much no damage later on. Only very early that does damage. As the game progresses enemies get more and more DR.

You cant finish the game with just right-clicking. You will need positioning and proper buildup of your crew.Atleast for the boss fight that is. Before you should be fine.

I think I will take the wizard early on but not take the priest.  I guess I could ask the Wizard to leave when I get to the Ranger companion though I don't know when that is.  I'm assuming that not having a Wizard will greatly simplify the game for me and I like simplified.  I don't mind not finishing on my first few characters in the game.

Edited by cJohnOne