Rogue Knight Quest Help: Osric's Breastplate

Has anyone managed to lie to Osric to get both the breastplate and the gold reward like it says in the guide? Im wondering if there is a way to stay on good terms and use the shop while also getting the armor.  If anyone has any idea i'd appreciate it.

• 2 months later...

Can somebody explain how to get the breastplate? I shown that woman the letter, then left the building and that dude attacked me. Now when i try to hand the quest in to Osric i get one option which is ''Is this the breasplate you were after'', and that option doesnt let me keep the breastplate. Do i need to up my deceptive skill? What am i doing wrong?

Edited by Gary1986

If you are relying on the info in the strategy guide got bad news for you.  The guide is wrong in several instances as to dialogue choices.  This conversation is one of them.  Another is in Heritage Hill.  Possibly changes were made to the game after the guide was finalized.  

• Like 1

So is there no way to get the breastplate? (how?)

If so is the choice between breastplate or shop? What if you take the breastplate and still want to choose them as your faction, would that be a work around so that you get breastplate and shop?

Edited by Gary1986

Well, you could always hand over the plate to get the shop, then use cheats to give yourself the plate.

Illicit, if you will, but same end result as you're trying to achieve.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well, you could always hand over the plate to get the shop, then use cheats to give yourself the plate.

Illicit, if you will, but same end result as you're trying to achieve.

I was tempted to do that, but i dont want to feel like a cheat.

How do i even go about getting the breastplate legit? As i said a few posts up, i only get one option to hand Osric his plate back and he says cheers, thats it.

Quiick Edit: I loaded an old save, and instead of fighting that dude, i gave him the affidavit, then i convinced him with 'reason' to return the breastplate. I then went to Osric and the same outcome, just the same choice of handing him the breastplate and he doesnt give it back. Can somebody please explain what i need to do to get this breasplate?

Edited by Gary1986

You can turn in the quest, buy the items you want from the shop and then kill Osric. The sword icon on the center HUD will allow you to attack green targets.

Tried it. He doesnt drop the breastplate 

Whats so special about the breastplate?

Second chance. I want it for my Paladin

Are you married to the Dozens for story reasons? I know you want the gold reward too, but it seems to me that the armor is worth far more to you than a small gold reward. Just don't give it to him.

I dont think it works like that. The breastplate appears in the quest part of the stash.

Can anybody confirm if they have ever got to keep the breastplate, or are we/am i chasing a wild goose chase?

Edited by Gary1986

I don't know of a way to do this legit but if second chanse on heavy armor is what you are looking for then the Vampire lord in Enless Path drops a full plate with second wind on it. Also you could buy the ring from the docks which has second chanse in it. Hope this somehow helps.

• Like 1

I don't know of a way to do this legit but if second chanse on heavy armor is what you are looking for then the Vampire lord in Enless Path drops a full plate with second wind on it. Also you could buy the ring from the docks which has second chanse in it. Hope this somehow helps.

Cheers for the advice.

After killing Pelham have you tried clicking on the breastplate and moving it to a character's inventory instead of letting it go into the stash when looting the bodies?

Ill give it a shot 

^Quest items can't be moved out of the stash - I've tried it with quest weapons.

(And there doesn't seem to be a way to have the stash open and drag it onto your character - correct me if I'm wrong).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Finally!

For anybody interested.

When you bring the affidavit to Kurren and leave her house, use an archer to manually attack Penhelm and his group outside before they get a chance to talk to you. Then tell Osric you had to ''kill a few people for it''. He will get mad and you'll get negative rep, no gold BUT you'll get the breastplate.

Also i am still able to trade with the Dozens and Wenan still offers me the follow up quest (which i take means i can still ally with the Dozens)

Edited by Gary1986
  • Like 2