Disappointed with the resting system

I absolutely love the idea behind the PoE resting system. I am supposed to constantly be making tough choices on how I manage my spell/ability use and health. I find this mechanic to be very fun and interesting, and if it were implemented/balanced properly it could be challenging. 

As it stands though, there is no limit to camping. There are no interesting choices to be made in battle because I can simply use my more powerful spells/abilities without any consequences. 

For the most part I do my best to play along with this system and it's intended design. I base my decisions in battle as if I am limited by my 2 rests, but I can't shake the feeling that I will beat the dungeon no matter what. It is a forgone conclusion because if I'm really struggling due to mismanagement of my spells/health, it doesn't actually matter because all I have to do is make a trip to town and then come back reloaded. This is disappointing because I love the mechanic and find it really fun and interesting. 

• Like 1

I'm too tired of loading screens to make trips back to town. I'd rather manage my resources than move through eleventy billion locations. Whoever put the beds on Brighthollow's second floor, your decision was bad and you should feel bad.

I did this for the Temple in the Vale (did that instantly after arriving there) and the endless dungeon, but all others worked fine with only 1 rest each, for me. so no real pain with the "go back to the nearest village". And I agree, the idea is pretty cool.

Nobody forces you to make that long, boring trip back to town, you know... 

...but we've had a million threads about this the last few days. This one's the latest, so let's continue here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74873-more-camping-supplies-for-hard/page-4