Main Quest line BROKEN - Bronze Beneath the Lake

beowulfx99

Question

Hey guys,

So my game is at the point where I am trying to gain an audience within the animancy hearings in ACT 2. I have the quest from the Dozen to retrieve the engwithian weapons from the ruins. I went to the ruins, got the spear, but never received a quest update. I have the spear in my inventory and I'm standing infront of Weden and he keeps saying come back with the weapons. I've tried two methods of having it enchanted with my soul (Killing the spiderman) and without it, leaving the spiderman alive.

The problem here is the crucible knights wont give me their quest and the Doemenel's hate me from the beginning after killing some of their guys early on. So my only option is to progress with the Dozen. Since the quest "The Bronze Beneath the Lake" is the only way to move it forward, I cannot complete or further progress my game.

Here is some more information -

I was offered the quest "Bronze Beneath the Lake" prior to having Lady Web tell me to get favor with a faction. I opened the ruins but never completed the quest, as it was too hard. I progressed the story, got told by Web to help a faction, so I went and completed the steps for Bronze beneath the lake. I retrieved the spear and looted every single container in the place. No quest triggers or advancements.

My Bronze Beneath the Lake currently reads - "If Wenan is right, the ruins of Lle a Rheman contain a cache of powerful weapons. I'm sure I'll know them when I see them"

Anything would be appreciated, even a work around of just getting past the stupid hearings. I really do not want to start over, especially since I have NO IDEA what caused this bug and how to avoid it.

13 answers to this question

Have you, by chance, Winds of Steel in your Journal? If so, that may be the cause of this issue.

The good news is that the problem has been addressed in the upcoming patch. The bad, well, it's not quite out the door yet - we hope to have it live tomorrow.

Here's more info on this:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72793-major-plot-progression-bug-act-2-the-duc-invitation/

• Like 1

Have you, by chance, Winds of Steel in your Journal? If so, that may be the cause of this issue.

The good news is that the problem has been addressed in the upcoming patch. The bad, well, it's not quite out the door yet - we hope to have it live tomorrow.

Here's more info on this:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72793-major-plot-progression-bug-act-2-the-duc-invitation/

Ok, it appears the reason this is broken for me isn't like everyone elses, but it is because the stack of weapons also found in the crypt never spawned or appeared. I saw a "Lets Play" video on youtube where when they opened it they were inside with the spear...I actually have a save file right before opening the crypt and talking to the spider guy but no matter what I cant find this weapon stack.

Is there an input code or something I can just use to place it in my inventory? I don't care if it blocks my stupid steam achievements I just want to play the game.

• Like 1

I have the same problem. I'm stuck at the main quest line.

http://gameswiki.net/pillars-of-eternity-act-ii-all-side-quests-guide/2/

If this page is correct, my quest does not update when I enter the ruins. Its objective is "Enter the Ruins via Stormwall Gorge" after I enter and explore everywhere.

There is no ancient weapons, only cladhaliath, in the sarcophagus; whether I kill the spider boss or not.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxonmKN54einV0ktVVVPa1JnT1k/view?usp=sharing

I upload the save file, hoping that it will be fixed, my previous save is tens hours before.

Also I play it on windows, version is v1.0.3.0526 -steam

Hi,

Same problem here with this quest. It doesn't update and the Ancient Enghwithian Weapons aren't in the chest. In other words I'm stuck in the main plot because I can't complete this quest for the Dozens.

Here is a quicksave made just before reaching Vithrack. During my game I didn't take the "Winds of Steel" quest but I killed the Doemenels earlier in the game (don't know if it helps).

I am running v1.0.3.0530 -steam (Windows 8.1).

• Like 1

Got a solution, better than nothing but still a little messy. The price to pay is the deactivation of further Steam Achievements for your savegame : activating the cheat modes does that.

To get the quest working somehow, get back inside Lle a Rheman, activate your console (usually ~ , otherwise you can set up the console key in your game control configuration screen) and type iroll20s : this will activate the cheat commands.

Then, type in :

additem quest_item_bronze_weapons 1

This will add the items to your stash. When you get out, a delegation of Crucible Knight should greet you. It'll mean the quest is back on tracks.

The actual journal will only get updated once you get back to The Dozens, though.

Edited by BaronVonChateau
  • Like 1

Got a solution, better than nothing but still a little messy. The price to pay is the deactivation of further Steam Achievements for your savegame : activating the cheat modes does that.

To get the quest working somehow, get back inside Lle a Rheman, activate your console (usually ~ , otherwise you can set up the console key in your game control configuration screen) and type iroll20s : this will activate the cheat commands.

Then, type in :

additem quest_item_bronze_weapons 1

This will add the items to your stash. When you get out, a delegation of Crucible Knight should greet you. It'll mean the quest is back on tracks.

The actual journal will only get updated once you get back to The Dozens, though.

Thanks a lot. I finally get past this stupid quest.

Also if you install IE Mod, you don't need to type 'iroll20s' and you can keep your cheeves :)

• Like 1

Hey, folks, I just wanted to let you know that we're investigating this issue.

Thank you for the info and the associated files - we'll keep you posted.

Jorge

Thanks. It'a a pretty bad one this bug. I really don't wanna start a new game and risk facing the same problem one more time :p