Stronghold Bug? - Loading during while a quest is in progress?

Marceror

Question

I recently reloaded when I had a major quest in progress at my stronghold. Sagani was sent on the quest.

After loading I noticed that the quest was not present in the log. Sagani was found to be in her room and the quest never resolved.

Incidentally, I haven't had any quests initiate since that happened, and a rather long amount of in game time has passed. Wondering if quests are now blocked from occurring. I did have an attack on my keep a short time after that, for what it's worth, but that's different than I quest I think.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

3 answers to this question

What a sad, lonely thread all the way over here on page 5. And it only took like 6 hours for that to happen? What? Rather impressive rate that this forum is moving at!

Anyhow, please refer to previous post.

How nice it is to wake up and find my little thread undisturbed. Really, it's great to have this little thread all to myself. It's a place where I can come, share my thoughts, be myself, and not be interrupted. Heavenly!

A few more thoughts to share in the glorious ménage à un that is this thread. I did have another major quest issued last night, so apparently those are still happening. Nice! I was also able to reload my game and still see the quest listed in the stronghold actions interface. Wee! I was also able to kill the game, shutdown my PC before going to bed, and this morning the quest is still listed. Yipee-ki-yay mother f&*$#@!

The major notable difference here and in the previous instance where the quest disappeared prematurely is that currently I'm AT the keep, whereas last time I was inside Raedric's Hold. Not sure what to make of that. I've read that there's some sort of loading bug in that area, but I don't know the particulars. Other than this stronghold weirdness that section of the map was smooth sailing.

Anyhow, at this point I'm really just posting for my own edification and benefit. Hopefully everyone will continue to respect this thread being about me, my posts, and I.

Thank you.

Edited by Marceror

Okay lonely little thread. I found you out here on page 19. It's time to send you on your way once and for all. Enjoy the ride to obscurity and oblivion. I'm sorry that you just weren't meant to be.

Parting is such sweet sorrow....