CHEAT CODES - voice your opinion

I hardly think that implementing cheats would take any time at all, as they're already there.

I played through the game without the aide of cheats the first time, on hard. I didn't have much trouble beating even Malak.

However, when starting the second game, I couldn't resist boosting my stats a bit. Why? Well, because I think it's a bit silly that Revan, who by all accounts is some sort of galactic progeny, has lower stats than any other jedi in the party. If all characters start with an '8' in all attributes during character creation, then Bastila has a total of 38 points to boost her attributes however she wills it, Jolee is not far behind in that regard, having a total of 36 points to distribute, and Juhani comes in last with 33 free points.

If I play, say, a consular, he will usually end up with attributes at the start as follows: STR 10, DEX 17, CON 10, INT 14, WIS 16, CHA 16. All in all, this boost in power is only peripheral -- his ac will be a point higher, his force powers will be a bit higher to resist. It's all about creating a character that lives up to the image of Revan.

yes there should be cheat codes because look at it like this if you beat the game but want to go back through it then i say there should be a cheat where if you beat the game then your new character will have not really max stats but rather higher than normal stats and you also get to choose an optimum number of feats at level up for example five feat points for force powers and skill. plus max cash

or something you enter at the beginning of the game like

hold L + R press A,B,X,Y,X, UP,DOWN,UP,UP,UP,DOWN

that way you can have fun at the beginning being incredibly evil or just being incredibly good... B)

There is this little site called "Gamefaqs"

Always check there first before you claim there are absolutely no cheats for a game =p

When I played for the fifth time I used the mighty cheats to equip two short sabers with those special colors ( lightblue and goldredish )

The dance dance Malak cheat didn't work for me tho :(

( edit: Oy =p How will you give that ending a place in KOTOR2 )

The site that the KotOR cheats in my sig is better than GameFAQs. GameFAQs, while they mentioned that there were many more than they listed, didn't tell you all of them in the handy guide that my sig links to. ;)

It also has more cheats for any game than GameFAQs....except perhaps for old skool console games. <_< www.dlh.net It comes in Ingles and German flavors. ;)

If you can enjoy the game without cheats.... then that statement doesn't really hold much water.

And if you can't enjoy the game without cheats... then maybe it's not the kind of game you'd enjoy anyway.

If you can enjoy the game without cheats.... then that statement doesn't really hold much water.

And if you can't enjoy the game without cheats... then maybe it's not the kind of game you'd enjoy anyway.

Well prehaps you can enjoy the game with and without cheats like I did. I didn't use the level up glitches until my 9th time through the game. Was it a challenge? Well no, but then again niether was the game anymore without the glitches! I enjoyed making my party members into Jedis and Making an uber death dealer PC that had every force power and feat. I only used the level glitches that one final game but it added a new spark to a game in which I had done it all. Basicly it gave me one last reason to play through the game again before I shelfed it. Thats more than enough to justify adding cheats/glitches if you ask me.

Cheers!

You guys should stop cheating then you wouldn't worry about which site has the best cheats.

Cheats never prosper!

Damn, I played it through fairly three times before I cheated. :rolleyes:

You people are stressin' too much. Almost all games have cheats, the original KotOR (at least for PC) had plethora of cheats; therefore it stands to logic that KotOR 2 probably will, and in all honesty, I hope it does. Will I use them before I've used up all of it's prior replayability (different alliances, sexes, etc.)....no, but the cheats made it worthwhile for me to play through it several more times before I even started on the mods. So don't go knockin' the cheats, if you don't like them, don't use them. For the rest of us that enjoy a good cheating after we've beaten the game, or even if we havent (gamers who lack skill, thumb eye coordination, etc. ), we should have our cheats. Nuff said. <_<

P.S. I've played through the game at least nine times now, I lost count, and I haven't even tried all of the 'unofficial' mods yet. So yes, cheats do add quite a bit of replayability, simply for doing crazy stuff.....not to mention making an uberjedi with a hex editor, yes, I did that too, and it was damned fun. :p Lots of stuff you can do with KotOR, but significantly less with cheats. An excellent mod for getting unlimited amounts of special items, for those who like that kind of thing, it the Holowan Emporium. Overall though, I have to say that the cheats I used the most were the allignment cheats...but once again, after I'd beaten the game three times. :rolleyes:

there WERE cheats in kotor1 the only thing i couldn't find out was how to unlock the easter eggs in the PC version i only had the trick for the xbox version well if anyopne has it i ll gladly replay the game

Bioware People said there were No codes, But there were tricks though, like how to keep the sith Uniform instead of giving it to Gadon Thek when he gives you those papers B)

Damn, I played it through fairly three times before I cheated.

heh, that's fine by me, and if you want to cheat from the start that's also fine. It's your game to ruin after all. I will never cheat again, not after I f'd up Morrowind. OK, I learned the hard way but I'm glad. I'll never make the same mistake again.

I can live with some really cool easter eggs - doesn't really matter.... but's it's a good question for the Devs...

there WERE cheats in kotor1 the only thing i couldn't find out was how to unlock the easter eggs in the PC version i only had the trick for the xbox version well if anyopne has it i ll gladly replay the game

Bioware People said there were No codes, But there were tricks though, like how to keep the sith Uniform instead of giving it to Gadon Thek when he gives you those papers B)

Yes, that was in the PC version as well. The trick for the easter egg in the PC version, is you take a Jedi Master Robe, put it on bastila, then take it off and see what she looks like 'nekkid'. :rolleyes:

P.S. You would think that you would've checked the link in my sig RIGHT ABOVE YOUR FRICKING POST that has the five pages of cheats, but NO! :rolleyes: Methinks it's time to up the font size. <_<

That's not my point.

You're playing a game. Beyond personal satisfaction, a pointless endeavor.

Raven asked "whats the point of playing if your invinsible, have all the weapons, money, armour, whatever." My reply to which was supposed to mean:

What's the point of playing otherwise?! The entire purpose is to enjoy yourself. Self-righteous objections to other people enjoying their video game in the way they desire is just fascistic machismo. Get over yourself.

Damn, I played it through fairly three times before I cheated. 

Yeah, no kidding. Nine times myself, before I committed the SIN. Three additional times afterward, going on four. Don't think I'll be playing again. (Comparatively bad score for KotOR 9/13; compared to BG2 12/40+, X-Com's 8/16, Xenogears 7/13+)

It's your game to ruin after all. I will never cheat again, not after I f'd up Morrowind.

Not quite sure how you can f'k up Morrowind beyond its natural state...

The entire purpose is to enjoy yourself. Self-righteous objections to other people enjoying their video game in the way they desire is just fascistic machismo. Get over yourself.

lol... you're guilty of the same thing you claim I'm guilty of :rolleyes:

You seem to be objecting to "my" enjoyment. :rolleyes:

You seem to be objecting to "my" enjoyment.  :rolleyes:

Ha! I'm trying to object to the objections to the cheater's gameplay! Not the the purist's gameplay style. :rolleyes:

True, Morrowind is pretty fk'd up to begin with, but cheating made it even worse.

Well... I suppose I can see that. Me, I couldn't grok the game any which way.

As a side note, and just so we're clear: I don't care if people cheat.

You can mod most games to make you as uber as you want.

If adding cheats doesn't eat up developer resources, I could care less if they added them for those who chose to use them... so long as they don't eat up developer resources that could go into making the game spectacular.

Bloody fricking heck, of all the coding they're doing, adding cheats would be the simplest. :rolleyes: All the cheats in the original were, were you typing in the game's code location/title of the various item you wanted, or just adding or subtracting your feats, allignment points, etc. Simple stuff, the hardest part of implementing that, even though it's extremely simple....would be making the in game console.....BUT, depending on how much of the original KotOR they had before they hacked it away, and made the new one, it might even already be there. :rolleyes: And I should add that a couple of the cheats in the original were awesome, because you can't get the Massassi Battlestaff, or the Wookie Blade (not the ceremonial one, but the fat double sword alot of the wookies carried).

I didn't like the wookie blade that much, but the Massassi Battlestaff is like an upgraded version of the quarterstaff on Taris, only it does damage comparable to someone Dual Wielding HotG/MotF sabers. It rocked, because IMO, I like the look of a quaterstaff better than a saber....at least in some cases. Something about a little tiny stick turning into a weapon...yet folding unlike a saber which is an energy weapon (which means it works against energy shields too), just kewl in and of itself. :p

Bloody fricking heck, of all the coding they're doing, adding cheats would be the simplest.

Unless you're a developer, or have a background in game programing, I'm afraid I can't take your word on it :)

Sorry :)

Yes, I can understand that sentiment perfectly Darque :) , but I think it's a moot point. From my limited understanding console commands are usually leftover debug commands. (Especially in the case of the PC title.) It would take more work to remove/disable them.

Unless you're a developer, or have a background in game programing, I'm afraid I can't take your word on it

Sensible enough. I don't really know what I'm talking about. <_<

Just leftover debug codes?

If that's all they are then that doesn't really sound like much work :)

I can feel my need to object shriiiiiiiiiiiiiinking :)

As a side note: I don't really know that much about cheats.

I've only cheated twice, both in Morrowind. And since it was to replace NPCs that mysteriously disappeared for no reason (bug) I didn't feel it was cheating.