CHEAT CODES - voice your opinion

Do you want the XBOX &/or PC version of The Sith Lords to include cheat codes? As far as I know the original KOTOR did not have any codes (Well except for that Galaxy Driod thing... which I have as a save file).

(In general) I would prefer to have the "option" to use game-enhancing codes rather than not. Having the ability to fool around with things after I have beat the game is great. Some people have strong feeling against "cheats" - I say why? If you don't want to use them - don't. Too make things fair, Obsidian can have special codes "unlock" only after completing the game - some for light side and others for dark side.

Anyway, that's my opinion - what do you guys think?

***WHEN I SAY CHEATS - I'm talking "Invincibility" & "Unlimited Mana" type stuff***

I'd prefer no cheats. The temptation to use them is always there. Morrowind was ruined for some people because of that. The user is to blame of course, they should have more willpower, but I think if the option is there most will use cheats.

Obsidian can have special codes "unlock" only after completing the game - some for light side and others for dark side.

That sounds like the best method if they do include them.

there WERE cheats in kotor1

There were? hmm, you learn something new every day.

there WERE cheats in kotor1 the only thing i couldn't find out was how to unlock the easter eggs in the PC version i only had the trick for the xbox version well if anyopne has it i ll gladly replay the game :D

There were not.... I know they had Easter Eggs but no CHEATS. Cheat codes meaning "invincibility" or "unlimited ammo" or "all items" type of codes.

I'm genuinely shocked that anybody would need cheat codes for Kotor ??? ;)

Now to unlock easter eggs on the other hand... a completely different ballgame. Bring on the lime coloured robes and the pink lightsabers :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm genuinely shocked that anybody would need cheat codes for Kotor ??? ;)

I totally agree with you.

I'd just like that option availabe - rather than not. It's like driving a Honda Civic with a sweet spoiler OR driving one without it. Either way I'm getting to my destination.

It's like driving a Honda Civic with a sweet spoiler OR driving one without it. Either way I'm getting to my destination.

:D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I hope they keep the level up glitch that was in the origional KOTOR in the XBox version of KOTOR 2. That way I can make my whole party jedi's, have all my stats above 70, and get all the force powers in the game. Now I don't need these glitches to be able to play a game like KOTOR. However after the 8th time I beat KOTOR on hard doing the super jedi trick added new spice to the game for me. It was fun to go through the game as an invincible uber death dealer once. Plus killing Malak at the end with nothing but force Kill was amusing. If you don't know what I'm talking about check out this site. http://darthmalak.cjb.net/

This was a cool way to get one last game out of KOTOR after I had done it all and played through the game on it's hardest setting. Well that's my two cents anyways. I hope they keep the level up glitch for KOTOR 2 so I can get one extra play through the game when the Sith Lords offer no more challenges.

Cheers!

there WERE cheats in kotor1 the only thing i couldn't find out was how to unlock the easter eggs in the PC version i only had the trick for the xbox version well if anyopne has it i ll gladly replay the game :D

There were not.... I know they had Easter Eggs but no CHEATS. Cheat codes meaning "invincibility" or "unlimited ammo" or "all items" type of codes.

well i never used cheats the 1st 6 times i finished the game i only used cheats in the last one just the money one mainly (and tested the others to see what good they are) to have some fun

as i said i didn't use cheats the first 6 times i finished the game :)

anyway here's teh cheat page

http://www.cheatplanet.com/pccheats/star_w...ld_republic.htm

when u add a super constitution value i dunno if there is a max it's almost imposible to die don't u think ? :)

EDIT: there is a god mode code ;)

Plus killing Malak at the end with nothing but force Kill was amusing.

:D

Darth Malak: "The Star Forge fuels my power! I will destroy you!"

*Revan motions with hand*

Darth Malak: "Choke...chhaachcccoooocaaaak." ---- dead.

well i never used cheats the 1st 6 times i finished the game i only used cheats in the last one just the money one mainly (and tested the others to see what good they are) to have some fun

as i said i didn't use cheats the first 6 times i finished the game :)

anyway here's teh cheat page

http://www.cheatplanet.com/pccheats/star_w...ld_republic.htm

when u add a super constitution value i dunno if there is a max it's almost imposible to die don't u think ? :)

EDIT: there is a god mode code ;)

Sorry - I meant the original KOTOR (Xbox version). Yeah the any PC version game will have cheats.... even if the developers do not include them.

lol cheats...to make the game easier? how about, you make it harder before easier.

heh, that's true.

cheats that make Kotor harder are fine.

Kotor2 will probably be much tougher, tho.

jedimastermaniac - do you know any good KOTOR  PC version Mod sites or file sites?

http://home.t-online.de/home/Talchia/english.html

http://www.sith-res.tk/

These are the only two I know of, personally.

And btw, I'm a bit perplexed by the idea that someone would be opposed to having cheat codes in game. If you don't want to use 'em, don't use 'em.

With KOTOR, I've never had to nor felt the desire to use them, but I see no reason to be upset by their presence. To each their own and all that.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

D00d, there's like 5 pages of cheats for the PC version in .txt format, including some items that aren't available anywhere in the game that NPCs hold, but you can't get. Plus there's Bastila's 'naughty' underwear. :p

You just have to know your stuff, do some slight editing of the game files, and have a good source... <_<

TeH LinKitY LinK

P.S. This the THE BEST source for CHEATS on the web that I've found, better than GameFAQs, better than Cheat Planet. For walkthroughs/FAQs GameFAQs is still superior though.

Happy Cheating,

JT

<EDIT> I didn't use these until after I dompleted the game, an interesting thing you can do with these console cheats though, is play as a lightsider with a dark alignment. i.e. playing making all lightside decisions, while having darkside portrait and bonuses. This was built in by Bioware, as it's an actual console, so no complaining. :) </EDIT>

Just read that someone was looking for KotOR mod sites, CLICK HERE. Best third party modding forums for KotOR, while they don't host the mods, they have links to offsite servers, mostly the makers personal pages, where they're hosted. There's even a lesbian romance one floating around somewhere... :p

Yes, why not. After beating the game to cheat some stuff to look, whats all ingame or to check out what to buy next time when starting the game, but then plz dont make it so, that there is standing "you used cheats" like in kotor1.

Not that it was a big problem, but it sucked. :ph34r:

There is this little site called "Gamefaqs"

Always check there first before you claim there are absolutely no cheats for a game =p

When I played for the fifth time I used the mighty cheats to equip two short sabers with those special colors ( lightblue and goldredish )

The dance dance Malak cheat didn't work for me tho :p

( edit: Oy =p How will you give that ending a place in KOTOR2 )

There should be no cheet code, but a differculty setting would be better (with everything from the whimpy challange rating in KotORP to almost-impossible-and-if-you-made-it-you-probably-cheeted).

Better they entered things for everyone in the game rather then having cheat codes that enter stuff for those that use them.

cheats modes should stay imo ... after u have finished the game some times have u tried adding some cheats to make it either funnier or stranger? play GTA a bit with the strangest cheats and LOL all the time :)

So.. if fdevs add cheats add some some funny ones too ... it's creative