Wizards are great even with slicken and ice fog changed.

As Wizards (at least Aloth) probably will still be best end game class regardless at least until they fix those rings of wizardry, because 43 per encounter spells is just ridiculous  :dancing:  and those 25 level three spells and 17 level 4 spells isn't bad either.  :)

2015-04-03_00002.jpg?psid=1

They're fixing that also next patch.

BTW, where did you get the ring other than Telendras (sold in copper town). I only found that one.

You can find it on cave in cliff where Sagani's quest takes you first. Cave is accessible only by scripted interaction.

Yeah there are some cases where listening to backers is a BAD idea.  

I was able to learn how to make specific spells per encounter on unity editor but they end up all purple. 

Edited by Parsong

EDIT: Wizards have per rest spell because that was what backers wanted, even though Obsidian originally planed that wizards could get their spells back even during encounter. So if you don't like current system remember give your thanks those who it belongs  :devil:

Wait, really? Was there a vote on that that I missed, because I would absolutely have been against per rest spells. They're terribad for balancing and gameplay.

There was no vote, but when Josh explained his idea for wizards lots of people were quite angry that it was MMO like cooldown system that don't have anything to do with IE games, which lead that they changed their plans and created more Vancian style system for wizards.

• Like 1

EDIT: Wizards have per rest spell because that was what backers wanted, even though Obsidian originally planed that wizards could get their spells back even during encounter. So if you don't like current system remember give your thanks those who it belongs  :devil:

Wait, really? Was there a vote on that that I missed, because I would absolutely have been against per rest spells. They're terribad for balancing and gameplay.

There was no vote, but when Josh explained his idea for wizards lots of people were quite angry that it was MMO like cooldown system that don't have anything to do with IE games, which lead that they changed their plans and created more Vancian style system for wizards.

Both of those systems sound disappointing. Why not just give them a large array of per encounter abilities or a small selection of at will abilities that can be built from a larger selection of parts and limit when they can do the rebuilds.

Well i think the original idea was to keep Wizards spells powerful and per rest. 

Josh wanted weaker spells per encounter. After the angry forum reaction, he weaken the spells and keep them on pre rest. :-)

Yeah there are some cases where listening to backers is a BAD idea.  

I was able to learn how to make specific spells per encounter on unity editor but they end up all purple. 

From what I've read on the Nexus, the only way to get around this currently is to use a hex editor to change the necessary lines. If you check out the Arcane Veil Modal entry on the Nexus, the creator goes a bit more in-depth with regards to how they changed it.

Could you explain the process you used to edit them? I've done modding with NWN1/NWN2 before, but the process here seems a bit more opaque.

Could you explain the process you used to edit them? I've done modding with NWN1/NWN2 before, but the process here seems a bit more opaque.

You need Unity Pro + this Unity project: http://rien-ici.com/iemod/asset_editor

You load up the asset bundle you want to change (for example, fireball.unity3d was what I wanted to change because the lower damage compared to Noxious Burst pissed me off), and here comes the tedious part.

1) Re-save the original file without making any changes. This will wreck the textures, causing purple stuff.

2) Make your changes, and then save this as a second file like fireball - changed.unity3d

3) Load up both files in a hex editor that allows file comparison(such as Neo) and compare them. This lets you isolate only the mechanical changes and avoid the ones that break textures.

4) Using the hex editor, load up the original, unmodified file from PoE in the hex editor, and apply the changes that you isolated in Step 3.

And there you go.

Ice fog still works on my tanks. Because they take no damage from it.

Send in the tanks, ice fog, rest of group ranges, mobs dead.

Priests have much stronger CCs than slicken.

Chill Fog kinda owns my tanks, because I'm used to stacking quite a few before the fight lol.

So they constantly take tons of DOT dmg.