Does anyone know what the last patch was for? The one after 1.03?

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

I would shout "nooooooooooo! My Mind-Blade-and-Arbalest-spamming-Cipher!"

But it was abundantly clear (on the basis that when I last checked, he'd got the majority of kills and was out-damaing the entire rest of the party (and his nearest competitor Aloth) by five times - 11k to 2k) that it was very likely to get nerfed in the first patch!

Because seriously, the amount of damage he's been putting out is quite silly. Hilarious, but silly.

(Also, I'm on gog, so I don't have to patch if I do't want too, if it REALLY bothered me... And actually, might be better holding off anyway, if it means a further delay to hotfixing the patch..!)

Also, I would just like to note, that compared to say, War for the Overworld that came out a couple of days ago, PoE is actually pretty damn light on bugs. (To be fair to WftO, they are putting patches out fast - unfortunately, this sometimes means they're breaking things as well, but there you go...!)

And Unity, too. Wasteland 2 regularly had to provide multi-gigabyte patches when the actual changes were much smaller.

• Like 1

I would shout "nooooooooooo! My Mind-Blade-and-Arbalest-spamming-Cipher!"

But it was abundantly clear (on the basis that when I last checked, he'd got the majority of kills and was out-damaing the entire rest of the party (and his nearest competitor Aloth) by five times - 11k to 2k) that it was very likely to get nerfed in the first patch!

Because seriously, the amount of damage he's been putting out is quite silly. Hilarious, but silly.

(Also, I'm on gog, so I don't have to patch if I do't want too, if it REALLY bothered me... And actually, might be better holding off anyway, if it means a further delay to hotfixing the patch..!)

Heh, well it was fun while it lasted :p

And I would guess that GOG is going to wait until Obsidian has finished sending out hotfixes for this patch before they roll out their own. 

BAdler, on 03 Apr 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:snapback.png

Note: We have hotfixed the problem with adventurer hall-created companions not being able to unlock doors or chests.

Source: http://forums.obsidi...ixes/?p=1630135

Ok, a 570Mb hotfix then??

In a perfect world every patch that comes out would have a direct positive influence on your game, and given the size of the patch you would think it would but its only a solo fix.  I mean there is a good chance you would encounter this issue but most are probably looking for something more substantial when a 500+mb starts rolling in.

And Unity, too. Wasteland 2 regularly had to provide multi-gigabyte patches when the actual changes were much smaller.

Really? On GOG.com WL2 patches from 4 to 6 range from 3.3 MB to 347.9 MB. Quite small, IMO. Maybe the earlier patches were bigger...? (I can't remember.)

Edited by Caerdon
  • Like 1

I had WL2 on Steam and I remember several big patches (though, in cases, the changes themselves were significant), and I had heard the Unity argument. Perhaps that was wrong and it was just Steam?

Heh, well it was fun while it lasted :p

And I would guess that GOG is going to wait until Obsidian has finished sending out hotfixes for this patch before they roll out their own. 

Yep! And the fun's not quite over yet, since I've got to wait for the patch anyway...!

Depends if the QA at GOG is due to them processing their own QT is what takes a couple of days, it may take them ANOTHER couple of days to vet the hotfix. As I'm currently (lucky for me!) bug-free, I can afford to hold off if this is the case. (Though to be fair, my main is the locksmith anyway.)

I had WL2 on Steam and I remember several big patches (though, in cases, the changes themselves were significant), and I had heard the Unity argument. Perhaps that was wrong and it was just Steam?

Well, 1.03 is up on GOG now and it's whopping 81.3 MB :w00t:

I agree, firearms don't need a nerf. They're devastating in an opening volley but the long reload time makes up for it. If you want to invest into Gunner and Sure-Handed Whoosis to make them viable again, that's fine -- there's a significant opportunity cost for that.

Haven't used bows much so I don't know if they need a buff. Sagani and Itumaak seem to be doing fine with the hunting bow + Penetrating Shot though.

Bows definitely need to be tuned up while guns need to be tuned down. Maybe put more of their power into DR reduction. Right now even ignoring the Gunner talent the bows are really only useful against people with less than 5 DR, and that's not very many enemies.

• Like 1

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out