I dislike it very much that there are 12 pages of posts in reply to it already ... full of complaints and doubts and attempts at trying to influence the developers in their decision of what to fix ... although the patch has not been released yet.

You're not alone, I feel the same. I don't understand why people are so obsessed with discussing balancing changes as if it was a MOBA. Don't forget to have fun playing the game, guys...

When you complain about other people's complaining, you do yourself no credit.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Example of Arbalest nerf:

PHh6YH8.png

Holy. S***.

That's some... tuning.

I haven't really been using Arbalests pre-nerf, to be perfectly honest, so I'm not sure if that was warrented or not, but damn that looks like someone was brutally savaged by the nerfbat.

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

PHh6YH8.png

Holy cow! 33% reduction :(

Arbalest was my favorite opening weapon. I suppose it was kind of overpowered with its free shot... but darn, that's a big reduction.

I wonder how it compares to crossbows now?

Edited by stilletobravo

Hold wall is a weapon you find early in act 2 and remains superlative for most of the remainung game time, better in every way than most firearms. It needed the nerf, though we will see if its too muxh.

Arbalest is good and all, but what about Mind Blades comparison from kind Steam people?

Sorry Quechn, I don't use a Cipher in my party, saving that for next time -- so I didn't think to grab the comparisons before-hand as I was mainly interested in how it affected the party I use.

What is up with implementing the feature of being able to use lockpicks from the stash? Makes little sense to me as it seems to take away the "emergency" of lockpicking. Now you don't need to worry about how many lockpicks you bring with you since they're now always available. Why should we not then be able to use potions or other auxiliary items directly from the stash? Correct me if I've understood this wrong, but it just seems a bit strange.

If there were 10-20 different types of lockpicks, then I'm sure they wouldn't have made lockpicks accessible from the stash, since they'd then need to create a whole new dialogue system to allow you to choose which lockpicks you wanted to use every time you came upon a locked door or chest. But as it happens, Lockpicks in this game have a singular use and a singular effect, and tend to be consumed via mass quantities in a single shot. Unlike Potions.

Alternatively, they could have just increased the stack-size of lockpicks from 5 to... say, 20 or 30, thus eliminating the need to make them accessible from stash.

Edited by Stun

I saw on CoHHCarnage steam, for patch 1.03.

Lockpicking is broken on hired companion. 

Ouch! Hopefully someone can find a workaround..don't use hired companions or I'd look into it. I did notice lockpicks can stack in the stash now (mine is stacking to 20, don't have more or would try to stack further) Normal Inventory still stacks to 5.

That Arbalest nerf was well done and a good sign for balance patches going forward.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

That Arbalest nerf was well done and a good sign for balance patches going forward.

Despite your sarcasm, your words taken at face value are actually half-true: the arbalest was by far the best ranged weapon. Not only did it have the excellent spike damage to remove a threat as soon as the fight began, it also had the highest sustained DPS in the game. Even with one third of its damage taken it's still equivalent DPS (but still better at bursting enemies down) to the crossbow at about 5 DR and higher relative DPS as DR increases.

Of course they didn't nerf the Arquebus, which wasn't far behind the Arbalest. It, and probably the pistol, need some nerfing while the hunting bow, war bow, and crossbow need some buffing.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Despite your sarcasm, your words taken at face value are actually half-true:

My words taken at face value are fully true. I'm impressed that the week one patch showed such quick reactivity to obviously overpowered things that made it to release. I had expected the patch to basically be just bug fixes.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

PHh6YH8.png

Speaking of Hold-Wall, wasn't it universally inferior to a general fine arbalest though, pre-patch, while costing twice as much? I compared their stats many times, and wasn't able to find how it compensated for inferior damage.

As for the arbalests nerfing, yeah, that was an incredibly, devastatingly sad news. I was a bit perplexed why they were better than arquebuses on all accounts, while supposedly being a same-tier weapon, but the problem is that they still are, and that's simply because arquebuses suck and desperately need a boost (perhaps even an arch-boost). Although I'm starting to suspect someone at Obsidian just hated the idea of having firearms in a fantasy game and tried to sabotage it, with the 'disappointer' pistol being a grand metaphor for it.

Edited by Rumpelstilskin