I mean Eder is actually ok really. He's above average compared to most of the other companions. Sagani is just TERRIBLE all across the board for instance, and her Fox as of now has all 10's in it's stats. This is the same thing for the Wolf Companion for Rangers.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of companions have maxed out Perception (Aloth: 16, Grieving Mother: 17 Sagani: 19). Makes me think they were originally designed for the earlier version when Perception was a more important stat.

I have no idea why Durance has 19 Resolve.

because it  is appropriate to his character?

*shrug*

the attributes don't impact gameplay near as much as some folks believe.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It's nice to see the bugs fixed, but was anyone really asking for Wizards to be nerfed? Chill Fog and Slicken were two of the three decent level 1 spells and now they're a lot harder to use effectively. Maybe Wizards become powerful at higher levels, but this game is mostly about the lower ones...

I actually never knew Chill was enemy-only until I read the patch notes.  I had been treating it as if it would damage allies, and was careful not to cast it on them.

It's not so bad.

It's nice to see the bugs fixed, but was anyone really asking for Wizards to be nerfed? Chill Fog and Slicken were two of the three decent level 1 spells and now they're a lot harder to use effectively. Maybe Wizards become powerful at higher levels, but this game is mostly about the lower ones...

I actually never knew Chill was enemy-only until I read the patch notes.  I had been treating it as if it would damage allies, and was careful not to cast it on them.

It's not so bad.

Stack a few of them b4 the battle and get the 25% to cold talent,  frost mage spec ftw.  Also the level 5 frost cone is like 140 dmg for me.

Such good.

Yup. Aloth is my party howitzer and by far, highest net damage dealer.

he would be our best damage dealer, but with the hm resting scheme, Gromnir has our weezer doing little more than observing for half our battles. is nothing wrong with that, but it does cut into the damage totals.

HA! Good Fun!

Then again, I just picked up the Grieving Mother and her dual blunderbuss and constant mindblade combo is packing serious punch.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Any hope for Druid Shapeshift form ever being modified by intelligence? the extremely short timer on druid shapeshift form saddens me immensely.

It would still be bad.  But there is a mod up at nexus that makes it last whole combat.

After level 4/5 it reduces your stats tho, since they are set in stone and end up worse than your gear.

Wizards are still garbage. I main a wiz and I become totally useless after I've used all my spells and it's not fun to spam rest all the time (and waste supplies).

My experience with Aloth has been completely the opposite. 2 free magic missiles every trash fight with incredible spells to whip out in the hard fights. Wonderful balance. You aren't supposed to fire spells off constantly - nor are you supposed to just save them and never use them. Playing a Wizard correctly is all about rationing properly - it's a resource management game. If you don't like it, there's always Ciphers or Chanters for unlimited casting.

• Like 10

"Carnage now works better."

As a Barbarian main, I'm quite curious. What does this mean? More damage, more AoE, no base Accuracy penalty? Will we finally get to see the stats for Carnage attacks in the ability description? :)

• Like 1

Bleh, I was hoping for DR / Deflection buff on a monk, really disappointed :(

Freakin' why? The monk is an already very powerful class.

Actually Barb is way more powerfull than Monk, so if monk is very powerfull i wonder what Barb is atm....

I tryed a MOnk lvl 12 it does like 5-10 per hit

I used mine as a tank. I didn't use him for damage.

I'm not sure why you would tank with a Monk when you can Use a Paladin and a Fighter with special ability to tank... Most of Monk ability/skill are offensive one and we dont need dps for a tank. So i'm not sure what you mean by powerfull.

I'm using a high might/high con/high resolve custom barbarian as my off tank. Works great. Also, for any spell user you should make and use scrolls.

Edited by Katarack21

Any hope for Druid Shapeshift form ever being modified by intelligence? the extremely short timer on druid shapeshift form saddens me immensely.

It would still be bad.  But there is a mod up at nexus that makes it last whole combat.

After level 4/5 it reduces your stats tho, since they are set in stone and end up worse than your gear.

Then what is the point of giving Druids shapeshifting power if it isn't going to be useful in all stages of the game...

• Like 1

Wizards are still garbage. I main a wiz and I become totally useless after I've used all my spells and it's not fun to spam rest all the time (and waste supplies).

My experience with Aloth has been completely the opposite. 2 free magic missiles every trash fight with incredible spells to whip out in the hard fights. Wonderful balance. You aren't supposed to fire spells off constantly - nor are you supposed to just save them and never use them. Playing a Wizard correctly is all about rationing properly - it's a resource management game. If you don't like it, there's always Ciphers or Chanters for unlimited casting.

So it's by design that you have to spam auto-attack for most battles?  I like IE game implementation better, casting spells is fun.

And to think people complained about IE wizards because they had to stand there and suck their thumbs for the first 5 levels...

• Like 8

There are more fun ways to get through fights than spamming Slicken. Now's your chance to look for them.

I hear that.. I never even knew of Slicken until  I was reading another forum about how to play a wizard. The Chill fog behaviour caught me out on more than one occassion as does the fireball.

I kinda like that as I always remember playing D&D and getting fried by a wizard who got so trippy on his chain lightening he didn't think to tell me to step back before he launched it. I took a pretty hefty warmhammer to his butt and smacked him seven ways of Sunday until he apologised.

Bloody wizzards. Dangerously suscpicious with all their potpourri aftershave and that funny dressing gowns.

• Like 2

So it's by design that you have to spam auto-attack for most battles?  I like IE game implementation better, casting spells is fun.

Come now, did you read what Matt wrote? Bad show, mate.

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

What are you talking about? The IE game implementation was the exact same, except with no free magic missiles every encounter and no conversion of low level spells to per/encounter when you get to high levels. If you hate vancian casting, the IE games have literally nothing over PoE in implementation.

Unless you rested after every combat to get spells back. Which was silly and I'm glad PoE removed it. :p

Edited by Matt516
  • Like 6

"Beloved Spirits adds 0.4 Endurance to Ancient Memory instead of 2."

Was that really needed? I picked up Beloved Spirits for my Chanter companion and haven't noticed it being OP. So now this talent (and you don't get many of them) only adds an extra .4 endurance? Doesn't that make it completely useless?

• Like 1

"Beloved Spirits adds 0.4 Endurance to Ancient Memory instead of 2."

Was that really needed? I picked up Beloved Spirits for my Chanter companion and haven't noticed it being OP. So now this talent (and you don't get many of them) only adds an extra .4 endurance? Doesn't that make it completely useless?

Endurance regen is really sneaky - you don't notice it being OP persay, but it's really powerful all the same.

What are you talking about? The IE game implementation was the exact same, except with no free magic missiles every encounter and no conversion of low level spells to per/encounter when you get to high levels. If you hate vancian casting, the IE games have literally nothing over PoE in implementation.

Unless you rested after every combat to get spells back. Which was silly and I'm glad PoE removed it. :p

Silly perhaps, but also very, very common. I did it--didn't even realize you weren't supposed to. Didn't realize it was considered "cheating" or anything. It's such a common way of playing IE games that they specifically implemented a mechanic to prevent it. :)

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  I'm not glad PoE moved it, it was a classic mechanic used in many games and made casters super fun. Whats so fun about spamming auto attack for most of the game on a Wizard?  

And the free spell is terrible, I'm better off using my arbelast and hitting for 60+ from far away.

But yes the conversion to per encounter is nice, but after like 30+ hours :(  (And the only 2 good spells from those conversions are getting killed as per this thread)

• Like 1

It's not so bad.

Yes, I've tried using it that way just now and it is indeed not so bad, especially if the Wizard has a high INT -- but I still don't see why the nerf was necessary. I guess if they increased the casting range by a lot, it might work out to more or less even. Right now, the only time when I really need to cast it on my own allies is when the enemies have gotten past Eder and are interspersed with the party. If the Wizards can stand further from the battle, this won't be that much of a problem.

Endurance regen is really sneaky - you don't notice it being OP persay, but it's really powerful all the same.

I partly agree, but if you do the math, 0.4 is pretty worthless no matter how you slice it. Also, any Endurance regen is a double-edged sword: it hides the fact that you're taking damage so you might not break out the big spells and only figure out that you've just spent half of party health on a single battle after the fact.

• Like 1

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  I'm not glad PoE moved it, it was a classic mechanic used in many games and made casters super fun. Whats so fun about spamming auto attack for most of the game on a Wizard?  

And the free spell is terrible, I'm better off using my arbelast and hitting for 60+ from far away.

But yes the conversion to per encounter is nice, but after like 30+ hours :(  (And the only 2 good spells from those conversions are getting killed as per this thread)

Arcane Blast also dazes and is an AoE. It has some great uses.