What about Mind Blades, it was one of the best skill for Cipher, they nerfed the dps ?

Wizard and Cipher seen to be worthless early in the game. 

Any suggestion for other good spell ?

Wizard level 2 spells - Bewildering Spectacle, Fetid Caress, Rolling Flame

Sounds like they increased other Wizard spell damage ranges? but nerfed a few other non damaging spells. Could end up making wizards more than a 1 spell pony...could anyone confirm if that increases some other Wizard spell damages?

What about Mind Blades, it was one of the best skill for Cipher, they nerfed the dps ?

Wizard and Cipher seen to be worthless early in the game. 

Any suggestion for other good spell ?

Eyestrike, Mental Binding, that one level 1 ability that does Raw damage and inflicts knockdown behind the first victim. Soul Shock isn't bad either. Eyestrike + Soul Shock combo is powerful.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

• Bears and Cats can now be equipped with hats. This is most likely not a joke... but might be a joke.

I hope we get separate bear hat and cat hat DLC

at least one bear hat would need be a football helmet, and the cats should have a candy cane striped floppy top hat option. 

alternative: add a toggle so that all bears in the game should be adorned with hats... preferably berets.  

am always feeling a bit remorseful about killing random fauna.  is kinda against our nature.  even so, dress up bears to look like dirty cartoon frenchmen would largely ameliorate our regret.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Please don't make Eder even better :(.

Tank envy?  :brows:

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

So basically all the bugs that people are whining about are already fixed and being tested and the game has been out for one week. Sweet.

I don't think my Pallegina bug is fixed yet, nor the mess that is the Sanitarium :(

I'll give it another month before I start whining, I think.

Fair enough. They're *already* working on the patch after this one, too. I think, all in all, they're doing a pretty good job. :)

As a side note, I'm playing an ex-slave, Orlan cipher. I'm all about the animancers, and I despise all the major factions (Knights, Dozens, Doemenals). So I'm basically pushing the animancers as hard as I can. :-)

Edited by Katarack21

LOLWTF they nerfed wizard?

Thank God, clearly the most overpowered class in the game. *SARCASM SARCASM*

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I haven't encountered any bugs yet (40 hours in) but I'm tempted to just stop playing until the patch. But that's a slippery slope for me. I stopped playing DOS a few months ago when Swen started teasing us (I swear that's all he's been doing since November: teasing) about a big content/polish patch for Spring. 

You are not the only one. :D

The patch looks good. Those 2 wizard spells had it coming, but the omfg wizard now useless crap makes me laugh. If you want to play a single player MMO go play Dragon Age: Inquisition instead. They are even buffing most other spells.

My PC is a chanter and the nerfs to the machinegun chant are understandable.

Huge thanks for fixes being retroactive, I have so many hours in this game that this is truely a blessing.

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

Very impressive list of fixes, given the time frame. Glad to hear of the range being increased for Wizards as well. It was quite annoying having them running practically into melee range to cast a lot of their spells.

I'm sad that there is no scaling/zooming fixes, or the NoFog console command which doesn't work correctly, though =(

• Slicken spell is now a single hit AoE.
  • Chill Fog is now a friend or foe spell.
That was the only reason to even think about having a Wizard in the party.

Yep. As intended. The Anti-BG, Wizard castration process is now complete. Edited by Stun
  • Like 1

The patch looks good. Those 2 wizard spells had it coming, but the omfg wizard now useless crap makes me laugh. If you want to play a single player MMO go play Dragon Age: Inquisition instead.

Or the infinity engine games - where wizards are actually, you know, powerful. Instead of, you know, deliberately designed to be weakest class in the game.

They shouldn't even be called Wizards anymore. They should be called "interns" or "Adventurer understudies"

Edited by Stun
  • Like 4

Why is the Chill Fog nerf an issue? It was clearly intended to be friend or foe, just use it like any other FoF spell.

Slicken not having the duration of BG Grease seems fair enough, and it's level one. Try putting together some other strategies outside of "spam Slicken"? Clearly, more spell balancing is incoming (looking at Fan of Flames and Fireball, specifically).

Putting that aside, I have to say that Obsidian has done a lot of work in a short period of time; the game has barely been out for five business days. Here's hoping that they can keep it going.

Edited by View619
  • Like 2

The patch looks good. Those 2 wizard spells had it coming, but the omfg wizard now useless crap makes me laugh. If you want to play a single player MMO go play Dragon Age: Inquisition instead.

Or the infinity engine games - where wizards are actually, you know, powerful. Instead of, you know, deliberately designed to be weakest class in the game.They shouldn't even be called Wizards anymore. They should be called "interns" or "Adventurer understudies"

In my entire PoTD playthrough Aloth was by far no 1 damage dealer. Wizards rock, just in a different way to other ie games.

• Like 3

Or the infinity engine games - where wizards are actually, you know, powerful. Instead of, you know, deliberately designed to be weakest class in the game.

They shouldn't even be called Wizards anymore. They should be called "interns" or "Adventurer understudies"

At high levels the wizard is really freakin' powerful. I've already discussed how super powerfull confusion is. The wizard class is better than you guys are saying it is. Ironically, it's more IE like than I expected. At low levels the wizard sucks, and at high levels it's really powerful. 

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Bleh, I was hoping for DR / Deflection buff on a monk, really disappointed :(

Freakin' why? The monk is an already very powerful class.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Yup. Aloth is my party howitzer and by far, highest net damage dealer.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Bleh, I was hoping for DR / Deflection buff on a monk, really disappointed :(

Freakin' why? The monk is an already very powerful class.

Actually Barb is way more powerfull than Monk, so if monk is very powerfull i wonder what Barb is atm....

I tryed a MOnk lvl 12 it does like 5-10 per hit

I wouldn't say that the wizard's the weakest class in as the game the high level spells (4, 5 and 6th tier) are insane with high might and intellect scores, and far outclass their druid and priest equivalents. And besides, Slicken was stupidly overpowered, like making the entire game trivial on PoTD difficulty overpowered. No level 1 spell should be able to be a complete game changer. I love Chill Fog though and I'll be quite sad to see it nerfed, since I did stack it on top of itself with reckless abandon. Nevertheless it'll most definitely be the most powerful AoE dot still (mainly because of it stacking on top of itself), and will only require better aiming to fully make use of it properly without melting friendlies.

• Like 1