Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2 tanks and 3 ranged dps possible?

fighter cipher wizard cleric chanter party custom

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Doug

Doug

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts

2 tanks, 3 ranged dps & 1 buffer/debuffer is what I believe to be an optimal party

Laz0r

Laz0r

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts

So, how far i would get in hard mode with party of 2 fighter as tanks (10/10/10/19/10/19, kinda ballanced), priest, cipher, wizard and chanter.Fighter with shields, and casters with guns.

What do you suggest as dps?Is chanter worth just for reload speed aura?I got cipher and priest using pistol and arbuegus and is pretty good.Should i make chanter as off tank when some mob pass my fighters?

I played party with 4 melee dps, and i ofted dont have room for them to properly place on target.

This party looks pretty good to me, the one I'm running right now is:

2x Fighter (tank)

Ranged Rogue (DPS)

Ranged Cipher (DPS/CC)

Druid(AoE Nuker, Support)

Priest(Support,CC)

And I tore through hard like it was nothing, PotD hasn't presented me with an issue I can't overcome either.

eubatham

eubatham

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Two fighters as tanks is overkill. While having one is OK (the can bind more enemies and deal more damage than other tanks), I'd use a chanter or paladin as second tank. This way, you could free up a back-row slot which you could fill with a single-target nuker, in your setup probably a reach-rogue as you have three characters (priest, wizard, chiper) who are excellent at providing debuffs for sneak attacks (hold person, the foe-aoe blind, mental binding).

He has a Priest, no need to include a Paladin. He would be nothing but a weak Fighter, since the Priest takes care of almost all of the buffs a Paladin would bring (and brings much, much more at the same time). I'd follow the advice of possibly replacing one of the other fighters with a Chanter in full plate, but otherwise just keep the 2 Fighters.

Just make sure that one of them has Guardian (+10 deflection for nearby allies) and you're good to go. Make one your main tank with sword&board and give the other a big 2-hander to be your peeler (aka, your target to kill designator).

Edited by eubatham, 18 April 2015 - 02:42 PM.

Schyzm

Schyzm

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 67 posts

I would recommend if you want optimization that you have 1 fighter tank or 2 fighter tanks, but no offtanks and no non-fighter tanks. and mostly the game can be done with 1 tank.

right now on triple crown I'm using 1 fighter tank and 5 rangers which is pretty funny.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fighter, cipher, wizard, cleric, chanter, party, custom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users