So, how far i would get in hard mode with party of 2 fighter as tanks (10/10/10/19/10/19, kinda ballanced), priest, cipher, wizard and chanter.Fighter with shields, and casters with guns.

What do you suggest as dps?Is chanter worth just for reload speed aura?I got cipher and priest using pistol and arbuegus and is pretty good.Should i make chanter as off tank when some mob pass my fighters?

I played party with 4 melee dps, and i ofted dont have room for them to properly place on target.

So, how far i would get in hard mode with party of 2 fighter as tanks (10/10/10/19/10/19, kinda ballanced), priest, cipher, wizard and chanter.Fighter with shields, and casters with guns.

What do you suggest as dps?Is chanter worth just for reload speed aura?I got cipher and priest using pistol and arbuegus and is pretty good.Should i make chanter as off tank when some mob pass my fighters?

I played party with 4 melee dps, and i ofted dont have room for them to properly place on target.

Replace Priest with Rogue and Wizard with Druid and you'll be fine.

I run the party you listed, and i destroy everything.  I might replace the Priest with another Cipher or Rogue.

Chanter is worth it for the buff and he himself can do nice dmg w/ the ranged talents and weapon.

I know everyone says Druid>Wizard, but I prefer Wizard at level 9.  Chilling Fog DoT seems to stack and you can place quite a few before the battle.

Interesting. Why ditch the priest? I currently have 2 priests in my party ( 1 is companion ). Does the druid have heals? I've been thinking about replacing someone with a second tank because apparently there's a limit to the number of mobs one tank can hold agrro with at a time. I've got 2 Wizards, 1 Ranger, 2 Priests, 1 Fighter. 1 Wizard is me. I know I've got to change something somewhere because a section of the mobs always rush me and the other squishes and kill us.

Realy?Kick out priest?Even on hard?I found some (most) of his heals realy effective.Not so much his Holy radiance, because i am often out of reach of mobs or even tanks.

Also, i experienced druid only trough Hiravias, and i must say that his abilities are weird mix.I would rather have cipher as cc/dmg and wizard for dmg/cc

If your tanks are properly built, they can mitigate most damage done to them, to the point they never need any healing, especially in the lower difficulties. I find I'm bringing a Priest around for the buffs more than healing in all honesty.

Also, you have the Fighter's Endurance regen and the Chanter's AoE Endurance regen. You really don't need healer with that kind of setup =/

Edited by Wolken3156

I'm playing on PotD and Durance is my one and only priest and, frankly, he rarely gets used. Eder, Pallegina, and Kana all make sure that nothing gets into my back line. Ultimately, it's your choice, but having two priests is a bit redundant and if you're going to have four people sitting in the back and using guns, it's pretty much necessary for you to have the chanter's phrase to help supplement that.

Also, swap out one of your fighters for a paladin.

Edited by Lasci

Replace Priest with Rogue and Wizard with Druid and you'll be fine.

No, his party is good as is.

Priest is actually quite strong because they can buff accuracy of the whole party(among other buffs), and they have some +15 accuracy spells that are great against bosses. I've hit dragons for some crazy numbers with my priest. Way more valuable than a rogue, especially late game, IMO.

Wizard is stronger control/debuffs. Druid is stronger nuking and generally easier on hard and below. But both are good but Wizard is more "essential" for me on Path of the Damned.

Honestly, Priest and Wizard are probably the two classes that feel most essential to me now.

Ok so i checked druid in game and on wiki.Druid have heal, yea.But only at distance around caster.Thats hard to use and uneffective.And i dont know what difficulties you play on, but i heal a LOT on hard...

Druids eventually get Moonwell which is a strong over-time heal that has a big AoE and can be targeted. It's a fourth level spell though, so you don't get it for awhile. It's also not spiky healing, so you can't emergency heal with it so much. They eventually get some non-over time healing that's easier to use but that's even higher level.

So I'd keep the priest if you use a lot of healing. They have great low level heals and support spells. 

Edited by Odd Hermit
  • Like 1

Your party is fine.

Hard mode is harder than the average CRPG experience these days, but it is certainly not something requiring optimization to succeed at and can handily be completed using the default companions, who are ALL considerably worse optimized for combat than anything you will make when you create adventurers yourself.

Unless you are planning to play ironman or path of the damned, you really don't need to bother much about optimization.

• Like 1

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

Also, i got inspired flame tallent on my priest.+10 acc is huge deal, and spell is quite handy too.

Also i should mention i will play (after patch) on Ironman.It feel somehow...more intense.Even if i know i can load last autosave :)

interesting.  I rather love Durance.

I tend to start EVERY fight with him using painful interdiction on the group I'm about to fight.  it pretty much gives me a free turn.

his buffs are awesome at protecting your team from taking damage (the level 2 spell), making your team do way MORE damage (bless plus the critical spell at level 3), and priests have several relatively fast lockdown spells to take opponents out fo the fight for a while.

even have some good low level direct damage spells.

I actually very rarely use Durance to heal; what with all the healing potions and scrolls you find/buy/make.

now that both ice fog and grease are getting seriously nerfed, I can't imagine running without a priest for the disablers and knockdowns they have.

• 3 weeks later...

Well why would he misguide some1 who asks for advice its just stupid thing to do telling fake info to new players thus making their expierence worse.

If you dont know what to say why say something ? why would beginner drop best healing / buffing class for one of the hardest to play and not so rewarding melee classes? that are flawed by glorious pathfinding on PoE? 

I think if some1 asks for help and advice its our duty as members of the forums to give him best advice possible , and that guy is either trolling or not ready to advice some1 .

And to add : Get used to it when you go out into real world kid , people will call you w/e they want and idiot is not even an insult its a diagnose more than an insult.

Edited by Exoduss

Maybe he haven't realized the utility of the priest yet, i used to think that racial maximums were way more important than they actually are, does that make me an idiot?

If even after many experienced players told him otherwise he still insists on giving this advice then i'll fully back you if you call him an idiot.

dont know what racial maximum is but that sounds way less of a critical mistake than replacing the class that carry new players in this game( Durance carried my first playtrough all the way tbh that healing.... 10 heals per fight? np you want more 15? np ) with a Rogue that is just not what people expect it to be tbh 

and why would some1 be telling people replace x with y if they dont know it? as clearly he doesnt ? is giving advice when you know jack **** normal thing nowdays ?? i doubt it .

Edited by Exoduss

Two fighters as tanks is overkill. While having one is OK (the can bind more enemies and deal more damage than other tanks), I'd use a chanter or paladin as second tank. This way, you could free up a back-row slot which you could fill with a single-target nuker, in your setup probably a reach-rogue as you have three characters (priest, wizard, chiper) who are excellent at providing debuffs for sneak attacks (hold person, the foe-aoe blind, mental binding).

This party looks pretty good to me, the one I'm running right now is:

2x Fighter (tank)

Ranged Rogue (DPS)

Ranged Cipher (DPS/CC)

Druid(AoE Nuker, Support)

Priest(Support,CC)

And I tore through hard like it was nothing, PotD hasn't presented me with an issue I can't overcome either.

Two fighters as tanks is overkill. While having one is OK (the can bind more enemies and deal more damage than other tanks), I'd use a chanter or paladin as second tank. This way, you could free up a back-row slot which you could fill with a single-target nuker, in your setup probably a reach-rogue as you have three characters (priest, wizard, chiper) who are excellent at providing debuffs for sneak attacks (hold person, the foe-aoe blind, mental binding).

He has a Priest, no need to include a Paladin. He would be nothing but a weak Fighter, since the Priest takes care of almost all of the buffs a Paladin would bring (and brings much, much more at the same time). I'd follow the advice of possibly replacing one of the other fighters with a Chanter in full plate, but otherwise just keep the 2 Fighters.

Just make sure that one of them has Guardian (+10 deflection for nearby allies) and you're good to go. Make one your main tank with sword&board and give the other a big 2-hander to be your peeler (aka, your target to kill designator).

Edited by eubatham

I would recommend if you want optimization that you have 1 fighter tank or 2 fighter tanks, but no offtanks and no non-fighter tanks. and mostly the game can be done with 1 tank.

right now on triple crown I'm using 1 fighter tank and 5 rangers which is pretty funny.