So the talk was the PoE will be moddable.

I'm eagerly waiting for news on this. Tutorials. A modding sub-forum.

My first order of buisness will be to make two-handed sword an average speed weapons. Because they were.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Modding is happening and will continue to happen. The IEMod is the main place where R&D is happening right now.

Alas, due to relative complexity, it seems unlikely that we'll get a Weidu-style modding architecture for easier modding and greater compatibility.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I hear that POE is reasonably moddable, though perhaps not the most accessible or manipulable. It's a pity if we can't have a Weidu-style though. No mod manager for subsequent RPGs have come close to the excellence of Weidu.

I'm personally hoping for some mods that improve encounter design and load enemies up with more abilities & potions. 

• Like 1

Well, for what it's worth, at least one person who was part of the BG2 modding community worked on Pillars (IIRC), and the devs are very much aware of Weidu, so there may be support from the top end if someone starts putting a management program together. But to the best of my knowledge. modding has to be done through Unity proper, and that may limit the scale of things.

Depending on how user-friendly things become, I may be driven to learn some *hissssss* programming. I may have my gripes with mechanical particulars, but PoE does a lot of things right, and has a lot of potential.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Everything trough Unity?

Ouch..

Yeah, WEIDu rocked. I did many tweaks, both big and small, for BG2.

I miss those days.

Give me modding, or give me death!

EDIT:

I also noticed my name isn't listed in the credits. Odd.

But not really important.

Edited by TrashMan

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

EDIT:

I also noticed my name isn't listed in the credits. Odd.

But not really important.

Probably will be after the next patch. One of the patch notes is that they added some missing backer names.

I don't really understand why modding in this case would be ultra-complex and would be lacking an accessible modding tool. For one, the mixture of 3D effects and 2D backgrounds should make it easy enough to place things on the map, block or enable paths, set location markers and design (scripted) interactions. Secondly, with access to the background layers and the individual assets placed there (there are hundreds, if not thousands of objects that have been copy-pasted in this game; not a complaint, just an observation), anyone with a good grasp on Photoshop will be able to mash up new areas comparably easy.

And we already have a character creation tool in the game itself. Exporting a slimmed-down version of that into a modding tool ought to be possible. I, for one, certainly would welcome a tool allowing me some in-depth modding. I certainly have some stories written down ready to be told.

I heard the process for creating areas was actually fairly complex. However, there are still other aspects of the game that that should be easily moddable (portraits, voice sets, dialogue).

I would love to see some mod tools as well, and I wouldn't mind paying extra for them either.

So the talk was the PoE will be moddable.

I'm eagerly waiting for news on this. Tutorials. A modding sub-forum.

My first order of buisness will be to make two-handed sword an average speed weapons. Because they were.

Two handed weapons are already the same speed as one handed weapons. 30 Frames for attack and 54 for recovery. Single handed weapons are only faster if you duel wield.