I wanna kill EVERYONE

Well, maybe not everyone, but after having finished the game as a benevolent being, considered a Champion in basically all areas, I now want to go full Belkar:

So, who can I kill without repercussions? And where do I have to weigh pro/con? :)

I heard that I can kill

- Isolated Kickstarter-NPCs (the soul-people)

- Hause Doemenel or whatever the Mafia calls itself

without getting into any real trouble.

Who else is there to kill? 

And what happens if I just kill people on the streets in the city?

Thanks in advance :)

You can kill Dyrford, Gilded Vale and Defiance Bay (Defiance Bay only after you finish Act II). Twin Elms can be completely annihilated after you do the main quest with praying to gods (maybe even before that, but I'm not sure). 

There are no real repercussions for any of this. 

Edited by Sonntam
  • Like 1

so...randomly slaughtering Gilded Vale has no repercussions when I enter Defiance Bay?

And what happens if I kill of one area in Defiance Bay, will guards in the other areas attack me and commoners flee (or just everyone turn hostile)?

Any major baddies to deal with? (think the cowled wizards of BG2 TPing in when you cast)

Yeah, this is the problem with the lack of a global reputation. If you butchered all of bergost in BG (or even just a few random people there), almost everyone who sees you (or at least guards) will try to kill you, as they definitely should considering how you're a crazy mass-murderer. In PoE, nobody seems to care much outside of the region where you do your slaughtering, which quickly becomes implausible as your innocents kill-count racks up into the triple-didgits.

Yeah, this is the problem with the lack of a global reputation. If you butchered all of bergost in BG (or even just a few random people there), almost everyone who sees you (or at least guards) will try to kill you, as they definitely should considering how you're a crazy mass-murderer. In PoE, nobody seems to care much outside of the region where you do your slaughtering, which quickly becomes implausible as your innocents kill-count racks up into the triple-didgits.

Well, if you kill everyone in bergost, your global reputation shouldn't really suffer imo. No witnesses left to tell the story... ;)

Edited by pstone

Surely, someone managed to sneak out of town while you were on your rampage...

Well, then you failed on your rampage and didn't kill everyone, and deserve your reputation.

or someone just scribbled your name in blood somewhere where you didn't see it. Or the local priest cast a Sending to one of his peers...so many options^^

Thats why you kill the mages/priests first (and surprisingly). And burn the village after your ramapge. But yes, D&D has so many magic CSI options, it's not really possible to hide your deeds, so i guess the global reputation can make sense in Faerun.

Edited by pstone

but back to PoE:

will killing a person in a building cause people on other floors of the building / the city map cause to become hostile with me?

Sometimes?   The glanfathans are bizarrely indifferent to me killing large groups of people in various sacred parts of their city, but it may just be because the game wants me to kill those people.  

Sometimes?   The glanfathans are bizarrely indifferent to me killing large groups of people in various sacred parts of their city, but it may just be because the game wants me to kill those people.  

Thats a new one, the game wants you to kill those people... I usually blame the voices ;) - actually very fitting in this game, being a watcher / awakened...

(cannot contribute killing opportunities since i'm still on my paladin champion playthrough, belkar has to wait a bit)

Edited by pstone

But the Belkster is great :D

haven't started yet either, those annoying sounds from the tutorial messages and other minor bugs made me wait with this 2nd playthrough until the patch is available.

(thats also why I havent tested some of the easier to check questions)

@voss: yeah I remember killing a few people in Twin Elms, but then the "new boss" was on my side, so it might be different if I have less of a benefactor.

yeah, I figure it is "murders of opportunity" (singled out NPCs) first and then after dealing with the main Defiance Bay storyline I can go back and kill everyone I left out before. Maybe do the Caed Nua dungeon first.