A few missing Steam achievements

Primislas

Question

So having completed the game it appears I'm missing several Steam achievements I feel I should've obtained unless I'm missing something. However according to Steam global stats [virtually] no one else has them, so probably not just me. I've searched this forum for "achievements" (albeit briefly) and found only the Stronghold mentioned, so here they are:

* All Upgrades in Stronghold, mentioned multiple times

* Explorer (Visit Every Map) - 0% achieved it. Could "every map" actually mean "every location" (there can be multiple "discovered X" areas within a single map) with one or two tucked away somewhere? 0% global status rings alarm bells though (I like to imagine that I've been fairly thorough)

* Kill All the Dragons  - 0.1% global accomplishment rate. Somebody must've done it? So... I've slain the red one guarding the Godhammer shard, the blue one at Hylea's temple, the Master Below. Is there another dragon hidden somewhere?

15 answers to this question

* Explorer (Visit Every Map) - 0% achieved it. Could "every map" actually mean "every location" (there can be multiple "discovered X" areas within a single map) with one or two tucked away somewhere? 0% global status rings alarm bells though (I like to imagine that I've been fairly thorough)

Will be fixed in the next patch:

Changed Explorer achievement to check for 152 maps rather than 160.

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"

Also can't get Kill All The Dragons. I beat Sky Dragon, Adra Dragon, and Cail The Silent but didn't get the achievement. Could it be because I didn't get the quest to kill Sky Dragon before doing it? I also said I'd help Adra but then just killed it instead.

By the way, those 0.1% people that have the achievement: there's a chance that they used some achievement modifier program for Steam to automatically gain all achievements.

Edited by mindswayer

I hate Unity.

Also can't get Kill All The Dragons. I beat Sky Dragon, Adra Dragon, and Cail The Silent but didn't get the achievement. Could it be because I didn't get the quest to kill Sky Dragon before doing it? I also said I'd help Adra but then just killed it instead.

By the way, those 0.1% people that have the achievement: there's a chance that they used some achievement modifier program for Steam to automatically gain all achievements.

I had the quest for the Sky Dragon, so that can't be it. I had to lie to Adra too though (I guess she should be hostile upon your return after betrayal to get the Scale-Breaker ability, but as long as she's not, it felt wrong not to give her the Godhammer treatment :) ).

Edited by Primislas

Then they would've gotten the other achievements as well that are still at 0%. Besides, I did get the achievement legitimately so I can confirm it working at least sometimes: killed all dragons during their respective quest lines and betrayed the adra dragon.

Then they would've gotten the other achievements as well that are still at 0%. Besides, I did get the achievement legitimately so I can confirm it working at least sometimes: killed all dragons during their respective quest lines and betrayed the adra dragon.

Did you progress in the Adra's quest? Because what I did was:

1) Talked to it

2) Agreed to help

3) Got quest to drop something in the titan's hand

4) Instead of doing that I just attacked the Adra Dragon (didn't even leave the room)

Maybe the fact that the quest log did not give me the option to kill it (immediately) after I talked to her somehow messes with the achievement.

Edited by mindswayer

I hate Unity.

1) Talked to it

2) Agreed to help

4) Instead of doing that I just attacked the Adra Dragon (didn't even leave the room)

Maybe the fact that the quest log did not give me the option to kill it (immediately) after I talked to her somehow messes with the achievement.

That's what I did and I got the achievement. Have you also completed the game? Because there's some shadow drakes or something like that in the 4th act, they're not full sized dragons but maybe they also count in the behind-the-scenes counter? Maybe you need to have killed all the types of dragons that have individual entries in the bestiary, not just the 3 big ones - so wurms, young drakes, shadow drakes, and anything else if there are any.

Edited by Avantre

1) Talked to it

2) Agreed to help

That's what I did and I got the achievement. Have you also completed the game? Because there's some shadow drakes or something like that in the 4th act, they're not full sized dragons but maybe they also count in the behind-the-scenes counter? Maybe you need to have killed all the types of dragons that have individual entries in the bestiary, not just the 3 big ones - so wurms, young drakes, shadow drakes, and anything else if there are any.

I did kill all the Shadow Drakes as well as finished the game. I doubt you have to kill every single wurm/drake in the game, since the bestiary clearly differentiates drakes/wurms from Dragons.

I hate Unity.

I did kill all the Shadow Drakes as well as finished the game. I doubt you have to kill every single wurm/drake in the game, since the bestiary clearly differentiates drakes/wurms from Dragons.

Well, it differentiates between them but it still identifies things like wurms as dragons in the description text so maybe they're counting all unique entries as one type of dragon each? I've got dragon entries for Adra Dragon, Drake, Shadow Drake, Sky Dragon,  Wurm, Young Drake.

And are you sure you don't have to 100% their bestiary entries? The achievement does say 'kill all the dragons in the game', so it could mean kill the 3 main ones, or it could mean 100% the bestiary entries for all dragon type creatures including drakes and wurms and so on.

Of course, it's likely to just straight out be a bug that's affecting you and not me but it's always good to eliminate the chance of it being a missed creature or incomplete bestiary entry.

Edited by Avantre

Well, it differentiates between them but it still identifies things like wurms as dragons in the description text so maybe they're counting all unique entries as one type of dragon each? I've got dragon entries for Adra Dragon, Drake, Shadow Drake, Sky Dragon,  Wurm, Young Drake.

And are you sure you don't have to 100% their bestiary entries? The achievement does say 'kill all the dragons in the game', so it could mean kill the 3 main ones, or it could mean 100% the bestiary entries for all dragon type creatures including drakes and wurms and so on.

Of course, it's likely to just straight out be a bug that's affecting you and not me but it's always good to eliminate the chance of it being a missed creature or incomplete bestiary entry.

Yep, I also have all those entries 100%'ed.

I hate Unity.

1) Talked to it

2) Agreed to help

Yes, I did put the amulet on titan's hand, talked to the hunter and got the dragon debuff skill from her before returning to the Adra Dragon. The game didn't give me any dialog option to attack the dragon either and I had to do so manually. Achievement still popped, right after killing the dragon, so I doubt it's connected to the drakes because I obviously did that before entering endgame.

1) Talked to it

2) Agreed to help

Yes, I did put the amulet on titan's hand, talked to the hunter and got the dragon debuff skill from her before returning to the Adra Dragon. The game didn't give me any dialog option to attack the dragon either and I had to do so manually. Achievement still popped, right after killing the dragon, so I doubt it's connected to the drakes because I obviously did that before entering endgame.

Oh well. I don't know then. Must have missed something. I'm on a second playthrough anyway so I'll just have Durance pray for the achivement to trigger.

I hate Unity.

After killing the adra dragon a second time the achievement Kill All the Dragons did show up. On both deadly dates with the dragon I never did or asked her for a quest.

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"

From patch notes 1.04

• "All Stronghold Upgrades" achievement now checks 25 upgrades instead of 26. This will properly reward the achievement if you already have fully upgraded your stronghold.
  • The "Kill All Dragons" achievement will now properly fire if they are killed indirectly (like by a trap). This is a retroactive fix and will be rewarded if the dragons are already dead.

Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Quest "The Long Hunt"

is there a list anywhere of the map locations?  almost at the end of a second play through and I've been everywhere I can think of/find - but if I've missed something I'd like to nip back and get it before I delve into Sun in Shadow :)

• Like 1