[Bug] Endless Path's are closed

ingom

Question

The endless path's are closed and won't open.

My stronghold is ampely decked out and I have tried different combinations of companions.

Simply put, there is the stone in the way. I can access the map but not the second level since I never got there.

Is there a console command that transports me to the second level, so that I can access it and then the other levels via the map?

Maybe there is a console command that enables the second level via the map of the cellar door?

Please help me, it really sucks no to get to play this part of the game.

NWqxWvf.jpg

I wanted to upload the savegame, but of course it's much too big.

Here's a link

https://spideroak.com/storage/PJ3WK4DT/shared/647700-2-87521/save.7z?31109a151ed68329619a148f9eec2b9c

9 answers to this question

Hey ingom,

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the door to the second level is on the other side of the map. You have to speak the Stuart (Statue in the Main Hall) about the Master Below  and she'll drop the barrier. You'll know you found it if Kana spits a bark. That door can only be opened from the other side.

- After reading your post a second time though. You seem to have a fog or war revealer bug. That staircase shouldn't appear unless you've already been to the second level. I'm going to mess around down there a little, and see if I can figure it out.

Keep up the good work citizen

Alrighty,

After some love, I figured out what happened. After using the master staircase to exit/enter Od Nua (the exit by the hand) the "secret" staircase down to level 2 reveals when it shouldn't be. 

I'll throw this into our database and thanks for the tip

Was wondering about this myself. I got downstairs just fine via another set of stairs, but I was rather confused by the blocked door, since it has something highlighted behind it - some kinda interractible object or panel on the floor. Assumed I needed a better Mechanics still and it was a secret door.

OK 6 months have passed and I just encountered this bug, so it's still there (V 2.02.0749): I could see the "secret" staircase behind the closed door and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. 

Even worse, I had another bug with this door when I came up that staircase from the other side. The first time, I could not find the switch for it to open. Only when I came back later the switch would light up.

Note: Not sure if this had any impact on this behaviour, but the second time I came up the stairs, I had Kana in my party. Before, I had never entered the dungeon with him.

Am I stupid or are you guys just standing in front of the wrong door? THe door in the picture will only open from the other side - when you ascend from down below at some point. It's a shortcut so that you don't have to stroll through all the levels all the time if you want to leave/enter the Endless Paths later on.

You have to search for another entrance to the lower levels - there is one in the southeast of that map. The wall of force that blocks that entry will go away after you kill Maerwald and THEN speak to the steward again.

Hope this helps.

I once had a bug though that one of my fellows spawned BEHIND the wall of force before I could speak to the steward. I couldn't leave the place because my party wasn't able to gather. But I thnink that's another problem.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hey Jabberwock,

I have to ask, are you sure you are the right door? This bug is just a minor issue with the fog of  war revealer. The door to level 2 is behind the force wall in the Southeast corner of the map. Speaking to the Steward after killing Marwald will unlock the barrier.