Companions and PC

Hey guys !

I just met Pallegina, and realized something I'm a bit disappointed about.

I think it's a shame that companions don't seem to notice you're race/origin. 

I mean, I like their stories and dialogs, but I'm playing a Godlike and Pallegina is speaking to me like if I had no idea what it was. Come on Pallegina, I am just like you with fire instead of feathers !

I'm kind of surprised about it, It's a bit of an immersion breaker. 

Did anyone else noticed this ?

Paladin's fine. You can use your order to influence dialogues occasionally. But priest dialogues have always felt... wonky.

How so? I was hoping to play a priest of Skaen when 1.3 hits. I'm actually quite curious to see if he pulls rank on you late in the game or not. But how are the priest dialogues wonky other than Durance and Edér not noticing if you worship Eothas?

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Yeah, I played a Godlike and had the same issue. Exactly one character mentioned it the whole game (in a context other than replacing 'elf' or 'dwarf' with 'Godlike'). You'd think Pallegina would have something to say about it, but no. Same with my class - no opportunity for my druid to talk shop with Hiravias. The game is fantastic at reacting to your attributes, skills and reputations in dialogue, but it pretty much ignores your race and class. That leads to some weird and illogical conversations all around. I got one druid dialogue option in Twin Elms ... and it wasn't with any of the many, many druids there.

I mean, you can't even (ACT THREE SPOILERS BELOW CUT!) ...

... have your Godlike PC ask the gods what the deal is when you finally get to talk to them, even though Pallegina gets to yell at Hylea. I'd have loved a 'did you really make me this way and if so did you have a reason?' dialogue option there.

Paladin's fine. You can use your order to influence dialogues occasionally. But priest dialogues have always felt... wonky.

How so? I was hoping to play a priest of Skaen when 1.3 hits. I'm actually quite curious to see if he pulls rank on you late in the game or not. But how are the priest dialogues wonky other than Durance and Edér not noticing if you worship Eothas?

Most of the unique class or race dialogue options were sparse at best, but for the clerics it feels particularly bad. Your deity plays such a large role on who your character is and how they function in their daily life, and yet it seems as if each deity gets a certain quest where a wealth of cleric options come in and then... suddenly, you're back to being like every other player character, except you have this huge aspect of your character's life that is never mentioned or touched upon despite it arguably being a driving factor.

I mean, I get it -- it's a matter of limited time and resources at Obsidian's disposal. But clerics suffered the most from this.

Edited by Lasci

I agree, I think I had one Monk dialouge in my first pt. But I didn't do all the side quests.

Now I'm playing a godlike priest and so far meeting Pallagina was disappointing. 

Eh, I just tend not to pick those options for role-playing purposes.  I think part of the problem is attempting to explain the entire world and all of its lore while also taking into account that, in theory, your character should already know large portions of what you're asking about in-game.  Perhaps sequels/expansions will allow more openness as the relative success of PoE means they can spend a bit more time working on more branching dialogue as well as the fact they don't have to worry about ensuring all the basic lore is covered as well.  They've set the stage, now they can start delving deeper into the world.