So I love the guns in this game. The sound, the damage, even the reloading animation. They're great.

I kinda want to make a straight line of gunners, right out of colonial-era military practices. I'd probably need one tank to keep my party from being stunlocked, but other than that is 5 arquebuses a reasonable loadout? Or am I setting myself up for failure here?

I could give everyone dualies and have them switch for that one-two punch. 10 gunshots before needing to reload, more if I get the extra weapon slots.

Good idea, bad idea?

Island Aumauas with Arms Bearer.

Also I'd say Arbalest is better, but obviously this is more for fun.

You could definitely pull off a gunner party. You can still use a gun on a tank, and just swap to a 1h+shield set up after the opening fire.

You'll need to use spells and such too of course, although I bet a 4 rogue 1 priest 1 paladin party could pull it off with pretty minimal spells.

These questions should really come with a disclaimer about which difficulty level you want to play on before a question is asked. <.<;

Yes, it could work. If you don't want to use adventurers from the inn, make sure your main character is a rogue for that sneak damage. Pick up a Cipher or Grieving Mother. Make sure you have a Chanter or Kana singing the reload spell. If you're not on Hard or higher, you can probably get away with just using Eder as a tank, but that might be pushing it on Hard. It's not a bad idea to have Sagani in your party, since she's a ranger and should provide a bit of variety in your party. 

My most optimal so far has been:

Cipher, Cipher, Chanter, Wizard - all with penetrating/gunner. Only one without marksman is Wizard. As many Woody Elfs as you can. Two tanks (Pally/Fighter), no need for Priest.

I'm the Wizard, but even if I wasn't I'd still bring one no matter what. Stacking multiple slick/chill in front of an enemy group before we all fire is just.....MUCH better than the paladin dps buff imo.

So I love the guns in this game. The sound, the damage, even the reloading animation. They're great.

I kinda want to make a straight line of gunners, right out of colonial-era military practices. I'd probably need one tank to keep my party from being stunlocked, but other than that is 5 arquebuses a reasonable loadout? Or am I setting myself up for failure here?

I could give everyone dualies and have them switch for that one-two punch. 10 gunshots before needing to reload, more if I get the extra weapon slots.

Good idea, bad idea?

To be honest it would be better to go with arbalests instead of guns. Guns got nerfed in the day 1 patch.

Have to go with the Spanish tercio formation. Sword and buckler man in front, Catholic Priest with a pike behind him, and four musketeers providing the downrange DPS.

How about substitute a Wizard with Scion of Flames plus a bunch of cone and line spells. Pretend he's a cannon unit.

• Like 1

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff