I play  with this feature enabled and noticed that you don't have to die at all.

Even after all you characters are  unconscious there is a few seconds "gap" that is long enough for you to get to options screen and quit to main menu.

You can load your save and try again. There should be no option to quit a game during fight. I don't know whether it's possible but this would fix that exploit. Great game :)

Edited by Sagregas

There are many many ways to cheat ironman systems.   You could always just alt-f4 when things went bad, etc.    They can't stop everything.

If you are going to play with the option on it is up to you not to cheat.

You could always just alt-f4 when things went bad, etc.  

There's another game with the initials PoE where so-called hardcore players do this at the first hint of trouble. With the usual excuses like "there was some lag," or "that boss was bugged." Just laughable.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Trial of Iron is a personal challenge. If you can't play it without cheating, then I don't understand why you undertook it in the first place.

:me raises hand: 

I've cheated on ironman type challenges. Not with P:E nor do I intend to.

The reason is that I have a tendency to ruin games for myself by redoing fights until they go "perfectly." If I do an ironman run, but occasionally back up my save, it motivates me to play as if it was ironman, but still be able to continue without having to start completely over. This makes for a more enjoyable experience. I.e., I'm abusing the feature to accomplish something it wasn't designed to do, but which still contributes to my enjoyment.

Fortunately I appear to have made great strides in killing that particular obsession so I can now regard Ironman as the challenge it's supposed to be. Just got to Defiance Bay with mine...

• Like 2

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Trial of Iron is a personal challenge. If you can't play it without cheating, then I don't understand why you undertook it in the first place.

Exactly!  

Heres an exploit, the game is on PC, so I can use trainers.. should be fixed.

WHo the **** would use cheat/trick while playing Trial of Iron ????

If you enable Iron mode it's for a personal challenge, if you want to beat the game with cheat/trick fine do it but you're not a hardcore player.

Edited by Tigranes
if you're going to swear, at least spell properly ;)

whats the point of trial of iron if you are going to cheat?!. (cheat if you want to) but like with any other game, YOU will know you really didn't complete it.

you can also give yourself more xp and items with cheats....

WHo the **** would use cheat/trick while playing Trial of Iron ????

If you enable Iron mode it's for a personal challenge, if you want to beat the game with cheat/trick fine do it but you're not a hardcore player.

That's easy to answer: People who want to get the Steam achievement but don't want to put in the effort necessary to earn it legitimately.

Some people think other people care about their gaming achievements (no one does), and want to collect the "hard to get" ones even if they didn't earn them.