Umh

Crucible of the Soul - Short range , self target aoe, drain life from enemies within range

Dominion of the sleepers - Self, increase attributes 

Speaker to the restless - Long range, self target aoe, fear debuff on enemies within range

Steps to the Wheel - Long range, self target aoe, paralyze / sicken on enemies within range

No idea if there are any more types of abilities if you make other choices within the story. Overall the range is large for some of these, mainly due to my character having high int giving the effects even further range.

These abilities are one reason I really like Chanter as a PC. I find Kana slightly annoying and he has the skeleton summon instead of the Phantom (Phantoms sneak attack, stun, deal freeze damage, and are decently tanks). Plus - as a Chanter, I don't have other abilities to contend with, so I keep a decent lore score and use scrolls, summoning figurines, or watcher abilities in tough fights.

However, on say a Cipher these wouldn't be near as useful since you'd rather be building focusing or using it.

Umh

Crucible of the Soul - Short range , self target aoe, drain life from enemies within range

Speaker to the restless - Long range, self target aoe, fear debuff on enemies within range

Steps to the Wheel - Long range, self target aoe, paralyze / sicken on enemies within range

No idea if there are any more types of abilities if you make other choices within the story. Overall the range is large for some of these, mainly due to my character having high int giving the effects even further range.

speaker to the restless is long range now?  I'm still playing 1.02 and there it is 2x per rest and short range aoe.

Umh

speaker to the restless is long range now?  I'm still playing 1.02 and there it is 2x per rest and short range aoe.

He meant its long range aoe circle around you.

So there is no point in using any of them on ranged cipher? Its always better to cast focus based spells or aa to generate focus.

Even ranged ciphers get swarmed by enemies sometimes.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

• 2 months later...