Stronghold Major adventures 1 rounds = 1 day?

I dont get the time displayed showing the time my companion will be away...1 round = 1 day? I dont think so, because I already slept twice and the 8 rounds need for my first Major Adventure didnt go down. can someone please clarify this for me?

I think a round is a quest completion.

Which is extremely funny as income is based on rounds, while recruits' salary is based on in-game weeks. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Edited by lord_wc
  • Like 1

Stronghold turns go forward when you do quests.

Events and expansions have timers that use game clock to determine when they are done. 

Hirelings are paid basing on game time

Taxes, items from expansions and quests are turn based.

• Like 1

Events and expansions have timers that use game clock to determine when they are done. 

Thats pretty confusing...theres an explanation somewhere of why they decide to implement such weird system?

Thats pretty confusing...theres an explanation somewhere of why they decide to implement such weird system?

I don't know reason behind the system, but at least they explained system itself in the game :)

It is probably to prevent people to use stronghold to generate infinite amount of money and items. And this also allow them to make stronghold quest to give bonuses on journal quests. So I think it is because of balance and strongholds role as money sink.

• Like 1

I don't know reason behind the system, but at least they explained system itself in the game :)

It is probably to prevent people to use stronghold to generate infinite amount of money and items. And this also allow them to make stronghold quest to give bonuses on journal quests. So I think it is because of balance and strongholds role as money sink.

It's almost certainly to prevent the stronghold from generating infinite money, which is stupid - they should have just gone the BG2 route and made the task of generating infinite money via stronghold into a huge, obnoxious pain.

Stronghold repairs and upgrades should use the turn system. Taxes, not so much.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

It's almost certainly to prevent the stronghold from generating infinite money, which is stupid - they should have just gone the BG2 route and made the task of generating infinite money via stronghold into a huge, obnoxious pain.

Yeah, instead currently it is able to generate infinite costs.

A few parts of this game leaves the impression of being duct taped together in the last minute...

Edited by lord_wc

Yeah, instead currently it is able to generate infinite costs.

A few parts of this game leaves the impression of being duct taped together in the last minute...

Well, those are largely the parts that they didn't let us test during the backer beta.

Le shrug.

I really do like the idea of the turn system, as it ties the stronghold minigame to progress in the main game. But since the number of turns available in game is limited, it should be connected exclusively to things which are, likewise, limited.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The only part that is messed up to me is what the OP was asking about. Getting a Major Adventure and sending a companion out on it only to find that you will have to complete EIGHTEEN quests before it is finished is kind of stupid. And for what? An average item and 15% XP? Wow...

I guess I won't be sending any companions out on quests if I ever intend to have them back in the party.

It all should have been time based IMO. I guess the taxes could be Quest based but they are so puny it's not like it's something that can be abused to get rich anyway.

It's no big deal really since it's all optional side stuff, but it could've been done a little better.