PotD With non custom companion and not extreme min maxing, is it possible?

Hi all, i want to start the game with rogue or cipher (waiting for the patch), but i read that even on hard you'r going to melt things easy. So regarding what i asked, is it possibile to run POTD with non custom companion and not extreme min max? (not going to dumb mental stats for RP reasons).

And can be viable witha  single hand style character with convert hit to crit talent and stacking accuracy? (going for rapier)

Thank you all in advance and sorry for my bad english :)

Hi all, i want to start the game with rogue or cipher (waiting for the patch), but i read that even on hard you'r going to melt things easy. So regarding what i asked, is it possibile to run POTD with non custom companion and not extreme min max? (not going to dumb mental stats for RP reasons).

And can be viable witha  single hand style character with convert hit to crit talent and stacking accuracy? (going for rapier)

Thank you all in advance and sorry for my bad english :)

I am playing on PotD with suboptimal pistol Rogue build (Mig:10!, Con:10, Dex:16, Per:14, Int:14, Res:12) and only with non-custom companions (Eder, Aloth, Durance, Kana and Pallegina) and so far it is definately playable and more fun than on Hard. I have to use all consumables, different debuff spells, proper positioning tactics etc. though. It is my first playthrough though (Act 2 currently) and I have no clue whether I'll be able to finish the game with this party setup if the difficulty picks up later. My guess is that the main quest line will be manageable, if only because I simply overlevel it. Not sure about the side content tho.

Edited by Tanred

Hard to tell, because you learn more and more with every playthrough. But, hard atm seems easy to me save a couple of fights, so far PotD more tedious than hard because enemy isolation and clever positioning still win every fight. I have yet to fight the dragons or descend to the lower levels of Caed Nua.

Im an IE veteran so maybe that can help my playtrought. Still have to decide between rogue or cipher :p..maybe ranger too xD. The number of monster is like hard but the differences are in hp damage and stats right?

Im an IE veteran so maybe that can help my playtrought. Still have to decide between rogue or cipher :p..maybe ranger too xD. The number of monster is like hard but the differences are in hp damage and stats right?

Nope. Path of the Damned combines all the monsters from hard, normal and easy AND buffs their stats.

Edited by MasterPrudent

Tbh I am hoping that someone makes a mod or some kind of patches occur to make hard actually hard. PotD just seems crazy. I dont exactly want to fight super large groups of monsters. That said I will probably play PotD for my second playthrough if nothing changes difficulty wise. I feel like a large amount of the problem is the way they added killing XP and are so generous with quest XP. As mentioned before over-leveling is a large amount of the problem. The very early content isn't anywhere near as cakewalklike as it gets later on.