Vampire Raedric killed himself and allies with fireballs (Bug?)

Greetings, although i really like the Lord Soth vibe, giving Vampire Raedric the fireball spell (at-will) doesn't actually help him, since he hits himself and his allies too. My paladin and my fighter have very high reflex saves, he only missed or grazed them, but mostly hits himself and his vamps.

Without that spell, the fight would have been really hard (esp. with all those charm spells from his allies, hitting even with the priest protection spell vs. charmed/dominate). So in an upcoming patch, please give him an Foe only spell instead...

(played on hard, don't know if this bug also appears on other difficulty levels)

Edited by pstone

Why would this be a bug? You took advantage of his stupidity, that's all.

The character of Raedric is not stupid, so hitting himself with fireballs all the time is not fitting. It's an AI bug related to the correct targeting of AoE spells, but if fixing AI is too hard, an easiy solution is a spell that only affects enemies.

Edited by pstone

I will argue with that. While I agree that the AI is subpar (and that's the only thing that should be changed if anything), it surely fits Raedrick's behavior. He's so stupid that he probably thinks he can gain the favor of some god by purging everyone with fire, even himself. :D I wondered why there wasn't some option to lie to him... like... If you commit suicide the hollowborn curse will be lifted! He'd go for it.

Well, i can agree with him being fanatic and not caring about his allies as long as he also kills you and fullfills his goals :). but i really think it's an AI problem - probably also happens in other fights, but its likely not that bad due to limitations on the #of spells & diffrent spells, but he can cast fireball at will, and does so, all the time. Also, this kinda is a boss fight, and him shooting himself all the time is somewhat anticlimatic. 

It really helped me win that fight to be honest, that damn charm spell turned a third of my party against itself.  Actually he only used the fireball three times during the fight i had with him, and only one of those did any damage.  If anything i think if he just used it once at the beginning he would be fine.  However i'm completly ok with him killing his own undead helpers.

Don't you have a wizard? Use Call to Slumber once or twice and they are dead. No charming, easy kills. Before you say your wizard gets charmed -> use stealth!

I thought combat took you out of stealth?  I tried sneaking up on him but you're forced to talk to him before hand.  I could barely get aloth to cast slicken before he was charmed