[spoiler] Path of the Damned is too easy

I wish I had youtube at work. But hey aren't you too late for the party... Oh... I see...

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

That quest is one of the more ridiculous moments in the game, even on hard. Hope you like every enemy blasting you with chain lightning, then AOE healing themselves after you take them down to 30% endurance.

Well, it did teach me that I had to use slicken.

That quest is one of the more ridiculous moments in the game, even on hard. Hope you like every enemy blasting you with chain lightning, then AOE healing themselves after you take them down to 30% endurance.

Well, it did teach me that I had to use slicken.

At that point I had stopped using slicken because I found it so cheap, and kicked Aloth out of my party for a while, just to make the game harder.

No it's not.

I would guess around 0.1 percent of the total players who play Pillars manage to progress in PotD, maybe a total of 100-200 people worldwide.

Half of those people are cheating by using the IE mod by covering their console tracks.

So a very hardcore select group of 50 people worldwide can manage it. I'd say that isn't easy.

• Like 1

i love this... two posts below this self-titled "impossible level is too easy" thread, there is a thread with the title:  "easy level is too hard!"

FWIW, I've played every infinity engine game ever made at least twice, and I find this game exactly matches those in difficulty level for the most part, and I'm finding, without looking at guides or planning ahead for a given encounter, that hard difficulty is a good level of challenge for everything past your stronghold, and acceptable before that even, give most of the early fights are designed to be "learning" experiences.

with a few exceptions.... like the bear in the cave before you get to the first town.  If you can solo that bear, at the level you first arrive in the area (2, IIRC), on hard, let alone POTD, my hat's off to you, because you must have found the fatal flaw in the game that allows you to make the most uber monster hero without cheating.

...but the vast majority of people playing this game will indeed find it challenging on normal, and die hard vets like myself will find hard to be a good challenge.

POTD?  on a first playthrough.... yeah, it does not need to be tweaked.

*watches video*

oh.

Edited by Ichthyic

( SPOILER )

The game is still pretty easy at the place you are. If you want challenge, go more depth in you're stronghold.

I finished the game 2 days ago in Path of the Damned at lvl 10. The best challenge i have meet was to kill the Boss in Floor 8 at lvl 6 ( needed about 6 hour to kill it )  and the final boss of the game at lvl 10. ( needed 2 hour )

SO yeah if you want challenge, do thing while you are under level.

I wait for the patch to remake a game with Iron mode.