traps on hard all do same damage?

Ichthyic

Question

I have run over a couple of traps now in the endless paths on hard.

one unintentionally, and one intentionally.

the first one was a level 1 dart trap.

it did 100 damage, and knocked out my 100% healthy level 4 fighter.

the second one was at least a level 6 trap (could not disarm it at level 5 mechanical)

it did 100 damage.

um....

something tells me nobody looked at trap damage at the hard level, and just assigned all traps to do 100 damage, period.

verify?  if so... fix?

also... level 6 trap on the very first level of the endless paths??  seems a bit harsh.  maybe if we could make something like a potion of master thievery, but other than that, or someone you entirely specialized *just* to disarm traps, I can't see being able to disarm this at the level you normall would try to tackle this (level 4 is the most likely).

6 answers to this question

not at all.  some traps are meant to be just irritations, or trip traps.  having every level trap do the same damage seems like oversight instead of planning.

thats right - some traps are worth springing in order to get the loot they are protecting.  My question is how do you disarm them?  I never see an option when sneaking up to them.  Is the option only available when you character has the requisite mechanic skill?

when you are sneaking, you notice traps (turn red), to disarm, you should get something like a little mechanical wheel when you roll over the trap with your mouse pointer.

then you just click on the trap to automatically try and disarm it.

if your mech skill is high enough, you succeed, if not, you don't.

if you aren't seeing traps at all, you probably have a very low mech skill level.  might need at least level 2?  not sure.  but once you see them, you just click on them with your character with the highest mech skill, and they will try to disarm it.

when you are sneaking, you notice traps (turn red), to disarm, you should get something like a little mechanical wheel when you roll over the trap with your mouse pointer.

then you just click on the trap to automatically try and disarm it.

if your mech skill is high enough, you succeed, if not, you don't.

if you aren't seeing traps at all, you probably have a very low mech skill level.  might need at least level 2?  not sure.  but once you see them, you just click on them with your character with the highest mech skill, and they will try to disarm it.

thanks!