only the phrase is unaffected, because they build up a number of chants for the spells. the spells durations are affected by it though, so it is working as intended

That's not clear, since the level up screen's tooltips indicate that Int should increase Chant linger duration.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

If phrase length was affected, that would basically be a debuff. It would take way longer for a high Int character to have access to invocations, than a low Int character.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

If phrase length was affected, that would basically be a debuff. It would take way longer for a high Int character to have access to invocations, than a low Int character.

yea but linger length should defs be affected, as it is you can tank a chanters intel to 3 and play an offtank summoner (the issue with this being that you really dont lose much for dumping intel)

Edited by Ceranai

yea but linger length should defs be affected, as it is you can tank a chanters intel to 3 and play an offtank summoner (the issue with this being that you really dont lose much for dumping intel)

... chant AoE?

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

It also buffs duration and AoE of Invocations. Having enemies charmed for a few more seconds is worth a lot.

Edited by Tartantyco

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

INT granting longer linger would be a good thing.

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

I think that INT is already strong enough for the chanter, more duration for invocations and more aoe both phrases and invocations.

Resolve needs to be able to make longer linger:

"Resolve reflects a character's internal drive, determination, fearlessness, and the emotional intensity they can project to others. It can be useful for mental intimidation, leadership, and convincing performances. In combat, it helps characters maintain Concentration and contributes to the Will and Deflection defenses."

More pathos in my words!

Edited by jasminizer

CzSyX91.jpg