a58ae95032d35cc30fcdcb04ec9966.jpg

S/L is needed, and the most difficult part of this battle is the wondering model size of Adra Dragon, she looks giant and fat, but she's actual size is much smaller, so sometimes she can just pass through traps like there is nothing and kill you.

Here is the preparation you needed: a level 11+ Cipher, learned Mind Wave, Mind Lance and Mind Plague, a nice blunderbuss, a petrify trap, though seems no merchant sells it, you can get one by disarm traps in dungeons, Mechanics 9 is required. Also you need Potion of power, potion of eldritch aim, 1 or 2 summon item, and foods!

Set the trap first, you can figure the spot by yourself(because of the wondering model size) ,  I recommend lure boss out along the bottom edge. After talk to Adra dragon the combat start

immediately, you may get killed instantly by it's wondering breath attack,  if you are still alive, then run hurry to the trap, summon and let summons wait at the left side, then quaff potion of eldritch aim and potion of power, wait for boss to step on your trap, load your save game if the trap is not result a Hit or Crit. After boss is petrified, control your summons to the top right so they can stop minion casters, then cast Mind Lance rapidly to the boss, switch to Mind wave if Focus is not enough, Adra dragon should be killed if all attack hit or graze.

669bab73fd88c6088c11150cca125c.jpg

After Adra dragon is dead, use blunderbuss to attack xuarip to regain focus, then cast Mind Plague on enemy casters, the rest should be easy.

• Like 1

a58ae95032d35cc30fcdcb04ec9966.jpg

S/L is needed, and the most difficult part of this battle is the wondering model size of Adra Dragon, she looks giant and fat, but she's actual size is much smaller, so sometimes she can just pass through traps like there is nothing and kill you.

Here is the preparation you needed: a level 11+ Cipher, learned Mind Wave, Mind Lance and Mind Plague, a nice blunderbuss, a petrify trap, though seems no merchant sells it, you can get one by disarm traps in dungeons, Mechanics 9 is required. Also you need Potion of power, potion of eldritch aim, 1 or 2 summon item, and foods!

Set the trap first, you can figure the spot by yourself(because of the wondering model size) ,  I recommend lure boss out along the bottom edge. After talk to Adra dragon the combat start

immediately, you may get killed instantly by it's wondering breath attack,  if you are still alive, then run hurry to the trap, summon and let summons wait at the left side, then quaff potion of eldritch aim and potion of power, wait for boss to step on your trap, load your save game if the trap is not result a Hit or Crit. After boss is petrified, control your summons to the top right so they can stop minion casters, then cast Mind Lance rapidly to the boss, switch to Mind wave if Focus is not enough, Adra dragon should be killed if all attack hit or graze.

669bab73fd88c6088c11150cca125c.jpg

After Adra dragon is dead, use blunderbuss to attack xuarip to regain focus, then cast Mind Plague on enemy casters, the rest should be easy.

f*** me well done mate i thought it was impossible as cipher, do you think it would be possible inhard mode?

Can you elaborate? Why is the damage so high? Am I a dumb for not knowing something about petrification? I thought it just made it easier to hit the target, not gave it negative damage resistances.

A petrified target takes x4 damage, and damage health directly.

• Like 1

I hard saved before fighting the dragon, and managed to kill it on hard. 

I can record a video later this weekend. What I did was carry some scrolls of Resurrection on Kana, since he and Eder were the only two who (at full hp) could reliably live through the flame breath. I sent Eder up, turned the dragon away from the party, and durance buff and GM remove his armor and buff the fighter with the pain whatever spell. Aloth kept the dragon petrified (lvl 6 spell) throughout the fight. Focused on him, killed him, make sure to have durance protect against mind control (epsecially himself). 

• 11 months later...