Easy Mode is to hard

Well I am not trolling, I have no reason to do so.

I use Eder as a tank all the time but in some fights the whole group is paralyzed until they're all dead or the attacks from the opponents are so fast, that I don't have the time to react properly.

I really can not remember that I had such issues in BG, Planescape, Icewind Dale or Arcanum. All games I really appreciate. Well one advantage in the older games was that there was an AI for the group and not so many problems of sticking instead of moving. The whole group in PoE  has no instinct of self preservation at all.

If reaction time is an issue, try the slow mode in combat (press S) and pause often. Stunning your whole party is uncommon, do you have problems with a specific fight or a specific type of enemies ?

I would think designing a game like this, with IE's histroy, you know there are players all over the spectrum on how they want to play it. I totally get both ends and since there are settings, make them what they are labeled. I can totally get wanting to play this game pure realtime, win the battles, get the story, get the girl and call it a day. Then I get the I want to battle every battle for survival, get the story and get the girl. I go between the two myself and sometimes I favor easy because of Steam Backlog.

What you guys are asking for is essentially a different game, combat is an important part of what makes the game what it is, and while I agree the tutorial could use improvement, the actual combat is pretty straightforward after you get down the basic positioning. There is nothing wrong with using mods or cheats to make combat a non-factor, the only thing you're missing is achievements, and if you don't have to put in at least a little effort for those then it defeats the point of having them.

I guess I'm not sure why it needs to be made any easier when you can just use the console to essentially make an unstoppable character you could afk with solo and still win easy.

Well at the moment I am so frustrated that I prefer playing The Elder Scrolls online and The Secret World because the fights there are much more clearly...

Sometimes the view on my group in PoE is so inappropriate that it makes the fights of this suicid squad (because of the AI lack) extremly chaotical.

I guess I am going to wait for the next PoE-Patches perhaps there are some bugs which makes the combat harder than planned or I have to start cheating...

Or you could ... you know, try to learn to play the game. It's not that hard.

It's unlikely it will be patched to be easier in general, although there will certainly be rebalancing. Shadows and shades are harder than they should be because of a bug with their teleport, but fixing that won't make a huge difference (and if you're on Easy you probably haven't even encountered them yet).

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Do you happen to know the difference between "God" and "NoDamage"? Does god mode unlock all spells and abilities too? (which would be AWESOME.) Does anyone know exactly what god mode includes?

No idea. I haven't used them.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I admit it took me 5 or 6 goes before I started getting the handle of how to do combat.

Luckily I'm an inveterate re-starter and so was planning on playing the opening several times in order to test out various character classes and concepts.  I think I've finally got the hang of it. 

Two important things I learned - one you really need to not worry about using up your resources or else you'll TPK and two adding adventurers when you get to town really makes a big difference.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I like to play Games like the BG Trilogy, Planescape: Torment etc because I like the stories and characters. I like to play always the easy way, because gaming relaxes me very much after a hard days work. I tried to play PoE on the easy mode because of that, but my group dies all the time, it's really frustrating.

In the easy mode ist should almost be impossible to die during the fights... If I would look for challenges I would choose an other mode...

Please let the easy mode be an easy mode....!

Ah, the Mistress of Mirrors!

I like to play Games like the BG Trilogy, Planescape: Torment etc because I like the stories and characters. I like to play always the easy way, because gaming relaxes me very much after a hard days work. I tried to play PoE on the easy mode because of that, but my group dies all the time, it's really frustrating.

In the easy mode ist should almost be impossible to die during the fights... If I would look for challenges I would choose an other mode...

Please let the easy mode be an easy mode....!

Honestly? The game was never designed to be easy, if you can't fight the enemy or do specific quest just skip it and come back later when you have better party. I am so tired of every single game that many companies do that are like, oh let me help you do this and that and in the end you end up just pointlessly clicking just to finish it, because there has never been a challenge in a first place. Same goes with difficulty level, lets just buff enemy damage and decrease PCs one and there you have Hard/Insane, but PoE takes a different approach and of course there is a mode with that too, just for the sake of it. Maybe you made a terrible character in a first place that cant handle anything and you dont read the hints, there is so much info in the game that you can learn how to play it, but no lets just complain that "easy is too hard". If it was easy I would again feel like I am playing Skyrim and fighting a dragon, oh wait these 2 bandits just slain him, why does this land need a hero then?

Edited by Sidushi

Played on Hard game is nice. And it's not too hard at all. I understand some people who just want to play games for the story. Maybe they should add a Very Easy difficulty for people like you. But if you really want cheesy perhaps why not just cheat?

I"m terrible at these games, i mean honestly i am.  Although im doing fine on normal with a paladin.  My advice get two tanky characters and give everyone else guns.  Have your chanter use the x2 reloading chant and you really can't loose (until you fight shades...those guys suck).  If i were you i'd watch a video on how to make a good build, and just liberally use the pause button.  

Played on Hard game is nice. And it's not too hard at all. I understand some people who just want to play games for the story. Maybe they should add a Very Easy difficulty for people like you. But if you really want cheesy perhaps why not just cheat?

I finished it on normal. Started on Hard thinking that I might be able to solo as a wizard, but wizard is just not meant to solo, so end up with party which is fine also. Hard in my opinion is a good difficulty, fights are less schematic and require some tactic and good positioning with correct spells usage. But I don't want to continue as I had some bugs before on normal so just waiting for patch to fix major issues. 

• Like 1

Do you happen to know the difference between "God" and "NoDamage"? Does god mode unlock all spells and abilities too? (which would be AWESOME.) Does anyone know exactly what god mode includes?

No idea. I haven't used them.

Ah, too bad. Must be some difference between the two. It would sure be convenient if god mode unlocks everything so I don't have to Rest at all.