Easy Mode is to hard

I like to play Games like the BG Trilogy, Planescape: Torment etc because I like the stories and characters. I like to play always the easy way, because gaming relaxes me very much after a hard days work. I tried to play PoE on the easy mode because of that, but my group dies all the time, it's really frustrating.

In the easy mode ist should almost be impossible to die during the fights... If I would look for challenges I would choose an other mode...

Please let the easy mode be an easy mode....!

I finished the game 2 days ago at Path of the Damned at lvl 10. This game have no difficulty when u have the good item / setting.

I sugges you to use a ( Tank ) in front with a priest, just read the spell. For the priest you can use the first spell of the second skill and rest in inn when youre out of spell.

I hope you don't use a Wizzard for tank in front...

Sorry for my english

a lot of you are not getting what the OP is asking for.

he's not asking for a slightly easier mode where all you have to do is change tactics.

others have mentioned it; he's looking for something like the story mode from the updated infinity engine games.

hell, even the new Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition offers that, and IWD was probably the most combat oriented of all the infinity games.

it's for casual gamers, who really play the games as if they are a storybook adventure, and the combats are for color and pomp, but not for planning and tactics.

to watch the pretty fireball spells go off, but not to worry about damaging your teammates, or that it won't annihilate your oponents.

no, I get it.  it's EXACTLY why they added a story mode to those earlier games.  there are actually quite a few people around who, go figure, don't LIKE to grind through combats, and play these games for the visuals and story.

frankly, this game has a lot more to offer in character depth and story than most of the old infinity games do.  I put in on par with BG, only slightly below planescape as far as story and character depth goes.

don't give this guy advice on how to play better.  that's NOT what he's asking for.  what he's asking for is a reasonable request for a story mode, and I'm sure someone will mod that in eventually, or the devs will add it.

• Like 1

I've been kinda embarrassed to admit with so many people complaining that hard mode is too easy. But I share the same problem with the OP, (whether he's trolling or not)

I mean, I've got the strategy guide that came with the royal edition, I've spent plenty of time watching these youtube tutorials, but when I get in the game and play I tend to get slaughtered... A lot

Really dude? Well cheat then, nobody will be judging you for that at least...

Yeah, cheats are still a thing. I played MoTB without even trying to learn to play, just cheated all the way through. 

Nothing stops you from doing it here too.

While i and many others enjoy the tactical challenges of the old IE games, as well as PoE, i also have several friends that are playing them exclusively for the storyline and adventure parts.

@OP Try to get a full party (6 characters) as soon as possible. Get additional adventurers in a tavern if you cannot find enough companions. Areas are not scaled to your level, if you have problems avoid difficult dungeons at first and complete other quests first. Dungeons to avoid until you get a full party: Raedrics Hold, Temple Ruins.

Edited by pstone

I like to play Games like the BG Trilogy, Planescape: Torment etc because I like the stories and characters. I like to play always the easy way, because gaming relaxes me very much after a hard days work. I tried to play PoE on the easy mode because of that, but my group dies all the time, it's really frustrating.

In the easy mode ist should almost be impossible to die during the fights... If I would look for challenges I would choose an other mode...

Please let the easy mode be an easy mode....!

Dear Judah ,

i understand your point very well - only one question from my side, as the game at the moment seems to hard for you... do you like learning new game mechanics and try to imrpove your gamestile ? If yes try the search in the forum and you find a lot of tactic offers how other gamers have solutions for you... if not i understand you totally as iam normally a story player too and dont like to mess with game mechanics... but for me its the first time a game acchieved that i try it again.

I just want to motivate you to try it onemore time. ask here in the forum! finger crossed that you will get good answers which will help you play the game in easy mode. Have Fun!

I remember using Gate Keeper for all my Baldur's Gate games after a while.

It was getting boring to reroll just to get a decent amount of stats to distribute  :devil:

I've only used Dale Keeper II once, when I got stuck for throwing some items I needed later on at some point. I was really afraid of the program corrupting my characters to be honest...

I remember using Gate Keeper for all my Baldur's Gate games after a while.

It was getting boring to reroll just to get a decent amount of stats to distribute  :devil:

I've only used Dale Keeper II once, when I got stuck for throwing some items I needed later on at some point. I was really afraid of the program corrupting my characters to be honest...

Nah, they were pretty robust.

For my part, I'm not a “casual” player, I just don't like Infinity Engine-style combat. Don't think it's fun, don't want to put in the time to master it when that will just reduce the enjoyment I get out of the game. I bought POE because of the pedigree of the writing team, and that's what I'm playing for. And Obsidian games in particular have always let you sidestep the fighting pretty seamlessly if it's not your thing – either by taking other quest routes, letting your AI allies do the heavy lifting, or just making it so easy that you can faceroll the entire game. That's why I was surprised that the easiest mode in Pillars still requires the player to put a decent amount of effort into the combat.

• Like 2

I share the OP problem too. Well, to be honest, I haven't even pressed the Play button on PoE yet but during the BB (playing on Easy), I was so bad at the combat that I was pretty much experiencing TPW's in the character creation screen. :lol:

@OP: Theres a god mode you can activate, which is my plan if/when I get around to playing. Instructions here. Warning: Activating the console commands disables achievements.

so now we have a "hard mode is too easy" AND a "easy mode is too hard" thread? well...

They don't exclude each other and they can be true at the same time.

Making easy mode easier and hard mode harder would benefit both 

Edited by Mazisky

If I were in charge of everything, along with POTD there'd be three other selectable modes you could pick from when starting out:

Path of the Scholar (PS:T mode): Removes all battles that aren't somehow tied to a quest, reduces enemy health and damage, increases EXP gains from quests to compensate for the lost combat rewards.

Path of Balance: The game as it exists now.

Path of the Warrior (IWD mode): Adds additional battles in dungeons and field areas, as well as raising the number of foes in each battle and sharply increasing enemy stats beyond POTD. Raises the level cap. Adds an option to turn on quest markers in the field map for a pure dungeon-crawling experience.

Edited by CrookedKnight

Well I am not trolling, I have no reason to do so.

I use Eder as a tank all the time but in some fights the whole group is paralyzed until they're all dead or the attacks from the opponents are so fast, that I don't have the time to react properly.

I really can not remember that I had such issues in BG, Planescape, Icewind Dale or Arcanum. All games I really appreciate. Well one advantage in the older games was that there was an AI for the group and not so many problems of sticking instead of moving. The whole group in PoE  has no instinct of self preservation at all.

I actually agree with the OP.

The last game I played that was this style was NWN2 and on easy its face roll mode, and to me thats what easy should be

of course that being said im still getting used to the game mechanics, where as I basically know D&D 3.5 by heart lol

Well at the moment I am so frustrated that I prefer playing The Elder Scrolls online and The Secret World because the fights there are much more clearly...

Sometimes the view on my group in PoE is so inappropriate that it makes the fights of this suicid squad (because of the AI lack) extremly chaotical.

I guess I am going to wait for the next PoE-Patches perhaps there are some bugs which makes the combat harder than planned or I have to start cheating...

Well at the moment I am so frustrated that I prefer playing The Elder Scrolls online and The Secret World because the fights there are much more clearly...

Sometimes the view on my group in PoE is so inappropriate that it makes the fights of this suicid squad (because of the AI lack) extremly chaotical.

I guess I am going to wait for the next PoE-Patches perhaps there are some bugs which makes the combat harder than planned or I have to start cheating...

On the contrary, it's filled with problems that make it more easy giving you free permanent stat bonuses.