Gamebreaking BUG Od Nua 13

Zoddo

Question

Hey!

I think I encountered a gamebreaking Bug that prevents me from progressing further in the game. After graciously avoiding 20 other gamebreaking bugs (I don't know how I did it pure luck I suppose) this one finally got me.

So when I entered level 13 in Od Nua there are those spirits you need to get the password from to open the door, so I am clearing the area and after killing the last pack (Pack in the adra shell room) suddenly all spirits aggro me. Ok the problem here now is 1st I cannot get the password 2nd the Spirits are invicible and untargetable but they wreck my party.

So then i thought maybe I load my auto save and reload the area by going up and down. Unfortunately the game won't let me because surprise, the raedrics castle bug reappeared and after the load to level 12 the game crashes.

So bad luck for me have to start anew after 40 hours, to be honest this game feels more like a beta than a release. In general I like the game it but the combat-gameplay (I only say pathfinding) and the gamebreaking bugs make it more a hurdle race than an enjoyable expierience.

Just to add another thing that happened just minutes before, the Spider Guy who gives the quest to collect the stuff in lvl 13 (Adra items) he talks to me and gives me the quest but immediately goes aggro and starts attacking me so I had to kill him and of course the quest failed.

This is just one of many "annoyance" bugs I encountered until there so please fix all the stuff so I won't get stuck on the next playthrough which I have to start after the "Day 1 Patch" finally comes out.

Here is the Link to the requested files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzigyw1tkptftjd/PoE_Saves.7z?dl=0

16 answers to this question

Similar bug here, I'm unable to speak with spitits about the closed door, no one tell me the password to open it and do I'm bloked at this level.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok5zhzyd3cfsvkl/c12c6c4fe4a14e9880563d67ce7a615d%2016881772%20EternoCamminodiOdNualivello13.savegame?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok5zhzyd3cfsvkl/c12c6c4fe4a14e9880563d67ce7a615d%2016881772%20EternoCamminodiOdNualivello13.savegame?dl=0

I hate to bring up this old post, but I would really like to complete this game. The issue is not not knowing the language. The spirits attack me on sight. I remember conversing with them at some point, but something bugged out and caused them to go hostile before I was able to get the password.

Edited by Zoharid

Hello Zoharid,

I will take a look at your files and get back to you. In the mean time, have you loaded up the save in 2.01 to see if it has been resolved? Do you also have an older save you can load to check if that is still the case?

Thank you for your support and patience. 

I have been loading up the save after every patch to see if it was resolved, but it still occurs. I suppose whatever happened to cause the spirits to go hostile could have been patched out, but since they're already hostile towards me, I'm stuck. Unfortunately, I don't have a save from before I did whatever I did that caused them to attack me.

I really appreciate you looking into this. I don't think there are many other developers out there, if any, that would pay attention to a bug reported by just a couple of players.

Dude your post was from April.  I know I have done the Endless paths in their entirety a lot and after the date if your post have not encountered this.  If you still have that saved game from April you just need to start over.  Its a great game just start over.  That was months ago.

Have gun will travel.

I am just reading this bug report.

So is this bug still in the game after update 2.01?

Just want to make sure I have some back ups in case it is.

It's possible that whatever caused the spirits to go hostile was fixed a long time ago, but I would keep a save before you hit that floor just in case. Even when this thread was started, it did not appear to be a common bug.

Hello Zoharid,

I will take a look at your files and get back to you. In the mean time, have you loaded up the save in 2.01 to see if it has been resolved? Do you also have an older save you can load to check if that is still the case?

I have been loading up the save after every patch to see if it was resolved, but it still occurs. I suppose whatever happened to cause the spirits to go hostile could have been patched out, but since they're already hostile towards me, I'm stuck. Unfortunately, I don't have a save from before I did whatever I did that caused them to attack me.

I really appreciate you looking into this. I don't think there are many other developers out there, if any, that would pay attention to a bug reported by just a couple of players.

Every bug is important to us! :)

I know its been a long time, but do you recall on how the spirits became hostile in the first place? 

I have loaded you save and it is indeed in a state where the spirits are attacking you. I have written up a report and added it to our database. Though, if you were to make a new game, you shouldn't have this problem happen again. 

Thank you for your support and patience!

I remember speaking to the spirits in the room just to the north west of the password locked door. I was thinking at the time that one of my dialog choices triggered the hostility. I thought this was normal until I got stuck and started to do some research on how to proceed. By the time I realized that it was a bug, I couldn't remember exactly what could have triggered it. I just remember that I was in dialog and then suddenly in combat.

Hello,

Sadly this just happened to me today.  I reached level 13 for the first time, and now the game is essentially broken, game over.  Tried loading a previous save, no change.  Was looking forward to purchasing the White March.   It had truly been an amazing game up till this point.   Safe travels.

Hello Zoharid,

Every bug is important to us! :)

I know its been a long time, but do you recall on how the spirits became hostile in the first place? 

I have loaded you save and it is indeed in a state where the spirits are attacking you. I have written up a report and added it to our database. Though, if you were to make a new game, you shouldn't have this problem happen again. 

Thank you for your support and patience!

I think I know. In one of the central corridors on this level there were a whole bunch of Animats (just outside the room with one of the parts the Vithrack colony asks you to collect). Those spirits don't materialize until you get to that room. So it's likely they will materialize in the middle of the animat fight. It's very possible that you attack a spirit with an AoE attack not noticing they were there, and they ended up turning hostile.