Hello there,

I'm currently playing your game, finally, and I must say WHAT a game. Thank you.

I just have one question about it and can't seem to find the answer nowhere, really…

I'd like to know, in a fully completionist playtrough, doing absolutelly everything, when (70% of the game, 85% of the game…) aproximetly can I reach max level, 12, please? Or the cap is not artificial (better) but simply about the total available amount of XP available trough the whole game -- if that's the way, then I think it's much better.

BUT, if there's an artificial cap for the level and I reach max level with me NOT being really, really, close the ending the game (at least 90%+ of the WHOLE game contente) I'd really, then, like to remove the artificial cap that, to me, kills a big part of the experience (I hate reaching max level in RPGs and always unlock it, I also simply stop playing an MMO when I reach the max level and compleate all main story and class quests…).

How can I, via command code, simply remove any hard level cap imposed into the game, please??

I know the game is balanced for max level 12, but the cap is artificial (and not controled simply by the total amount actually available of XP in the game) then I preffer to raise the dificulty (currently playing in hard, but can raise to the max level if I find things too easy) the  having to deal with a character half way trough the game simply not gaining any more levels.

Thank you all for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

The cap is "hard" at 12th level. Source: I hit the cap with 1/5th of the game left (I am a completionist myself). I also hate hitting a hard cap. All the xp awards seems kinda pointless after you can't get any more xp. I don't know if there are any "fixes" to this yet, but I am sure someone must be working on it.

The cap is "hard" at 12th level. Source: I hit the cap with 1/5th of the game left (I am a completionist myself). I also hate hitting a hard cap. All the xp awards seems kinda pointless after you can't get any more xp. I don't know if there are any "fixes" to this yet, but I am sure someone must be working on it.

One would hope that Obsidian themselves would resolve the issue.

There should be no hard level or XP cap. They should design the game so there just isn't enough XP in it to reach level 13.

• Like 2

not totaly pointles since it sims that characters not in the pary keep leveling up and eventualy end up levlel 12 too or very close to it

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

The game shows you XP earned even after you hit the cap.

Does anyone happen to know whether it continues to add them in the background, or is this simply a UI thing and it actually stops giving you XP?

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Will the expansion let your port your chr. into it? If so, the cap makes sense in that regard, because otherwise the expansion would either have to remove extra levels or you'd be overleveled starting the expansion, and people would talk about how EZ the expansion is ...

Anyway, the easiest way (I'd guess) for a modder would be some kind of small blanket quest XP reduction, or a large reduction of XP gained from the bounties.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There should be no hard level or XP cap. They should design the game so there just isn't enough XP in it to reach level 13.

Wouldn't that be impossible to do without also eliminating the less-than-6-party-members XP adjustment?  (Unless, of course, the XP needed to progress from level 12 to 13 is greater than the XP needed for level 12 + 50%.  Which would be pretty silly.)

A level cap is an inelegant solution, but they've got to stop somewhere.  Probably less bad than many of the alternatives. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't that be impossible to do without also eliminating the less-than-6-party-members XP adjustment?  (Unless, of course, the XP needed to progress from level 12 to 13 is greater than the XP needed for level 12 + 50%.  Which would be pretty silly.)

A level cap is an inelegant solution, but they've got to stop somewhere.  Probably less bad than many of the alternatives. 

Feel free to eliminate it. It doesn't make any sense and it's not needed. It annoys the hell out of me that you're drowned in experience right away, and to avoid even more experience, you need to beeline to fill your party up as soon as possible.

t50aJUd.jpg

Am I really the only one who loves that I can hit the level cap without doing everything?

Can't be.

I´m not in love with it :p but i don´t have a problem either. WIthout the lvl cap you would become too powerful. The endfight is already very easy on normal with a lvl 12 party.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Am I really the only one who loves that I can hit the level cap without doing everything?

Can't be.

Level caps/reaching max level doesn't bother me in any game. Needing constant level progression is not my personal motivation to keep exploring/questing etc. I'll keep doing such because I want to see what's around the corner and "what happens", regardless. Assuming the game as a whole engages me, of course.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Can't be.

Level caps/reaching max level doesn't bother me in any game. Needing constant level progression is not my personal motivation to keep exploring/questing etc. I'll keep doing such because I want to see what's around the corner and "what happens", regardless. Assuming the game as a whole engages me, of course.

It's a relief to me, honestly.

Because I feel compelled to reach max level, because I want to be a strong as possible. Not having to scrape every pixel/polygon in the game to achieve this is music to my ears.

• Like 1

As a chronic restarter it is unlikely this will ever effect me - I probably won't see level 12 until long after the game has gone into the next series of levels... :grin:

(heading for the character creation screen now - so far one character got to Defiance Bay and he's currently cooling his heels in the stronghold)

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you've left unfinished jobs Bryy. If you do most stuff in game, you reach 12 before last dungeon. I left many stuff unfinished before moving to Twin Elms, like Endless Paths and bounties, so I was not caped at the time. Maybe it is possible to reach 12 before chapter 3 if you do everything available at you before advancing the main plot in Defiance Bay.

How are you people "easily" hitting the cap in act 2? I just ended my first playthrough last night at 10.

lockpicking every chest/door and disarming every trap you come across also helps a lot. you don't get a ton of exp for each one (40 exp per mechanics level required iirc) but it adds up if you do all of them. after all, beyond a certain point killing the same type of enemies won't give you exp, but disarming/lockpicking will give you exp throughout the whole game.

xosmi.gif

Enter every building you can they count as map locations and add up.  Do every quest you can find that adds up.  Get your Stronhold upgraded, do the Enless paths, Bounty hunt from the Warden's Lodge, do the stronghold quests with your extra party members.  Explore everything.    Get the Beastury XP.  Leveling up even with a six party group isn't as hard as I thought it would be.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

How are you people "easily" hitting the cap in act 2? I just ended my first playthrough last night at 10.

Stronghold quest that give XP bonus give you XP bonus for all the XP that you receive during it (or at least it seems to do so) and then kill wildlife, open locks, disarm traps and do high xp quest to forward stronghold turns, and you will get quite much extra XP.    

They are completionists, and some of them don't seem to appreciate that removing the level cap would either trivialize the end of the game (if the game is not rebalanced) or force everyone to be completionists every time (if the game is rebalanced to account for the lack of a level cap).