This review, seriously ...

I had issues with that aswell. "Writing is too serious". What? "Excuse me ms., may I pet the wolf? Oh no, The wolf bit me, and I am surprised even thou I was warned!" 

Me thinks the guy is not very smartsie!

Edited by TheisEjsing

Since this isn’t an official Dungeons & Dragons title the game takes place in the land of Drywood

The reviewer clearly isn't a big fan of those games, but also not entirely unacquainted. If you read the full review I don't think it's unfair, he does give it 8/10 and brings up some fair points. I too reflected on that while I like some of the NPCs in PoE, there's no one there with the impact of Minsc, Jan or Viconia.

Edited by Pixies
  • Like 1

Cons: Plot and characters make little real impression and writing is overly serious. Zero innovation, even though the original games were known for it. Extremely difficult.

The first sentence is "lolwat." The second sentence I've got no comment. The third, since when is this a con?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Since this isn’t an official Dungeons & Dragons title the game takes place in the land of Drywood

The reviewer clearly isn't a big fan of those games, but also not entirely unacquainted. If you read the full review I don't think it's unfair, he does give it 8/10 and brings up some fair points. I too reflected on that while I like some of the NPCs in PoE, there's no one there with the impact of Minsc, Jan or Viconia.

Exactly. It's quite a fair review.

The fanboy circlejerk here can be hilarious at times.

• Like 2

With games in the last few years anything under a 90 gets looked at by publishers as a failure and not worth making a sequel.  Its just the sad state of things when a new AAA title comes out every two weeks.

A new AAA title every two weeks? Are you a console gamer? We hardly see one mentionable AAA release for the PC every month.

Jimmious, on 02 Apr 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

Ah the Brittish. You love to hate them sometimes :p

Um, excuse me? Can we have less of that please?

The Metro is a crappy newspaper that's given away for free and usually found abandoned in huge quantities on the tube or around the stations. Nothing in the Metro is ever really taken seriously by anyone with an ounce of intelligence.

Not sure why you sometimes love to hate us.

• Like 1

Well, even if I do like this game and even it is done overall good ... it is far from "perfect" ;).

My personal biggest - is the TERRIBLE pathfinding :(. Not only in fights where a char isn't able to find his way from the left to the rigth side of the battle but to in normal walk where half the group suddenly got stuck at a random tree which stands solo in the wild. This is a major BUG in 2015 as you can simply download a better pathfinding routin from open source projects!

And Metro is right when they write: "no inovations". But hell, even a BWM I8 has no REAL inovation ;). First electro cars had been used around 1835. If the industrie hadn't focused so much on normal combustion engines .. who knows how great electro cars could be today :).

My point: sometimes everything IS invented allready for a looooong time and there isn't anything realy "NEW" which would improve it alot ;).

Or is here a singel person who belives Diablo3, Elder Scrolls, World of Warcraft are even a tiny bit "inovating"???? Inovations had been done 1970 ... now only tiny graphic updates are done (MUD with HUD *g*).

• Like 1

With games in the last few years anything under a 90 gets looked at by publishers as a failure and not worth making a sequel.  Its just the sad state of things when a new AAA title comes out every two weeks.

A new AAA title every two weeks? Are you a console gamer? We hardly see one mentionable AAA release for the PC every month.

No im not really a console gamer for the most part but you have to take it into account when looking at reviewers and there impact on the general public.  As much as PC gamers like to look down on the console market they really are who the developers and publishers are looking at when there talking about there next payday.

Games like PoE can talk above and beyond mainstream reviews. Seriously. If they couldn't, 77000 people wouldn't have pre-ordered the bloody thing.

Metro reviewing PoE (reviewer will be twentysomething internee console lover) is like the National Enquirer doing a piece on foreign policy. Who gives a toss?

sonsofgygax.JPG

I had issues with that aswell. "Writing is too serious". What? "Excuse me ms., may I pet the fox called Itumaak? Oh no, The fox bit me, and I am surprised even thou I was warned by Sagani!" 

Me thinks Edér is not very smartsie!

There, corrected it for ya ;)

• Like 1

Games like PoE can talk above and beyond mainstream reviews. Seriously. If they couldn't, 77000 people wouldn't have pre-ordered the bloody thing.

Metro reviewing PoE (reviewer will be twentysomething internee console lover) is like the National Enquirer doing a piece on foreign policy. Who gives a toss?

And I agree whole heatedly just pointing out the fact that a score below 90 can and does tank games from mainstream success.  This game should be more or less immune from that if for no other reason than it is by design outside of the mainstream gaming culture of today.

"In fact despite strong writing most of the characters make disappointingly little impact, with many becoming as interchangeable and forgettable as The Hobbit dwarves."

What. The. ****ing. Hell.

Seriously? The companions are some of the best parts of PoE, with amazing characterization and incredibly destinct stories and personalites.

Their review of DA: Inquisition (8/10) :

In Short: An excellent return to form for the Dragon Age series, and the biggest and most ambitious Western role-player since the new generation began.

Pros: Gigantic game world filled with genuinely interesting things to do. Gradually increasing inquisition powers are handled well. Complex crafting and character customisation.

Cons: Wishy-washy combat system and glitchy camera. Constant stream of other minor bugs. Game does a poor job of explaining its back story.

Their reviews are a pretentious joke. I don't know what their target audience is, but I don't think they do eighter. Trash a game give it 8/10 move on. OK.

Edited by SeekDWay

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.