Those of us who kickstarted the $65 pledge for the box, got the shaft

This is actually legitimate, I don't mind waiting for my copy, although mine will be signed so...but I think they kinda screwed up with the shipping company. They should consider maybe hiring more people to speed shippings up if too many people are having this problem.

Wall of text from previous conversations...

Hey... Wait a second. Who were supposed to get an additional key? I mean which tiers? I backed 250 dollars and I had only the royal edition key. Because I already promised my friend my digital key I bought one extra hero edition key. So was I supposed to get that free of charge? A bit confused here. And yeah, no word on the physical goods...

Go to kickstarter and browse from your tier behind to previous tiers. Check amount of keys that way.

As for voting thing. That is the weirdest decision for this whole thing probably. Not sure what I was thinking and even if I was aware about that when it became live (I pretty much visited this place 3 times, 1 - when campaign finished, 2 - to add address, 3 - right now). They had to ask everyone individually. Also good point about retailers getting stuff before backers. I have a feeling it'll be thrown into same pile as twitchers and youtubers getting game before backers - "paradox thing".

Edited by Varithus

Phoenix, no was talking to ojsimpson

Grumbold.  Incorrect.  The vote was to send out the physical stuff BEFORE the actual game discs so we got our goodies FOR RELEASE and the discs would come later.

So, not only have we not had anything, we have also not even had a 'Sorry we're a &^%^$&* company and have no clue if even 'we' have your stuff' communication.

Edited by Maviarab
  • Like 3

Hey... Wait a second. Who were supposed to get an additional key? I mean which tiers? I backed 250 dollars and I had only the royal edition key. Because I already promised my friend my digital key I bought one extra hero edition key. So was I supposed to get that free of charge? A bit confused here. And yeah, no word on the physical goods...

I can only tell you what I pledged for and got so far. :mellow:

My 2 main orders show these details:

Main pledge:

Retail Collector's Edition

This tier includes:

• Collector's Box Version of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux, with DVD and printed manual.
  • Cloth Map of the World.
  • Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Backer Cloth Patch.
  • Pillars of Eternity Mouse Pad.
  • Early Access Beta Key.
  • Pillars of Eternity T-Shirt.
  • Digital Download of the making of Pillars of Eternity Documentary.
  • Special Thanks in-game credits.
  • Thank you postcard from the development team.
  • VIP Forum Badge.
  • Digital Strategy Guide.
  • Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Digital Campaign Almanac.
  • Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook.
  • Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Pillars of Eternity Themed Ringtones.
  • Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
  • Digital Collector's Book.
  • Digital Downloadable Copy of Pillars of Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
  • Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.

Addon (purchased seperately):

Digital Download of Expansion Pack

And in my "Products" tab I have the following entries:

Pillars of Eternity - Expansion Pack 1

Pillars of Eternity - Kickstarter Hero Edition

Pillars of Eternity - Kickstarter Royal Edition

Pillars of Eternity: Backer Beta

Pillars of Eternity: Campaign Almanac

Pillars of Eternity: Collector's Book

Pillars of Eternity: Cooking with Tim Cain Cookbook

Pillars of Eternity: Hi-res Concept Art

Pillars of Eternity: Hi-res Game Map

Pillars of Eternity: Making Of Documentary

Pillars of Eternity: Multiple Monitor Wallpapers

Pillars of Eternity: Novella by Chris Avellone

Pillars of Eternity: Official Soundtrack

Pillars of Eternity: Prima Strategy Guide

Pillars of Eternity: Ringtones

Edited by Lythe Vodaine

FdSm3p1.png

I live in Europe and still haven't received my Wasteland 2. You're lucky to live in USA. :D

Crossing my fingers that I get my box sometime... next year. Maybe.

Have you been in contact with inXile as you should have gotten your copy already. I got my in December of last year, which was what they said after several delay notices. 

You  might wanna hit them up about that, have had my wl2 box for months and in europe too.

• Like 1

I can tell you they are mailing the stuff just not sure of the ETA.  For example I have gotten my own Collectors box in the mail with shirt mouse pad etc.  The box is really cool.... it is also super duper huge and like 3 times bigger than it needed to be, but I can take it :p.

• Like 1

A bit of info for you guys:

Shipping from the USA to Paradox in Europe (and elsewhere) was delayed due to strike action at the shipping docks in California. They did ship the materials just before release via air to Paradox in Europe though.

They gave out extra keys to the 140 dollar tier (beyond the one that came with that tier), and I thought they were doing the same for the 65 dollar tier as well, but I've seen some of those pledgers report they didn't get an extra key. No other tiers were mentioned as getting an extra key.

I'm in Canada and haven't received my box yet, although I did get an e-mail notification that it has been shipped.

Poor guys. :( I wanted to buy it here, but got outraged when I saw they are charging people to do their work (backer beta). I got mine from a local retailer (Adventurer Edition) on day 1. Seems I got the better deal.

Edited by dukefx

Poor guys. :( I wanted to buy it here, but got outraged when I saw they are charging people to do their work (backer beta). I got mine from a local retailer (Adventurer Edition) on day 1. Seems I got the better deal.

Not really, no. We backers where there all along the way while they created this awesome game, and witnessed how all pieces came together and fell in place; and in fact we were the ones making it possible for you to buy it, because without our money there would be no game for you to buy in the first place. Apart from that, no delay on earth can take away that experience from me. And one cannot buy that in a shop on release date, either. :)

Edited by Lythe Vodaine
  • Like 1

FdSm3p1.png

Well took me 5 months after Wasteland 2 release to get my box, but I got it.

I live in Brazil by the way.

It depends in 2 factors, where the product is coming from and how is your local postal system.If I'm not mistake my box came from Austria, so that's why took some time to arrive and summed with my super efficient postal system.

Shipping from the USA to Paradox in Europe (and elsewhere) was delayed due to strike action at the shipping docks in California. They did ship the materials just before release via air to Paradox in Europe though.

They gave out extra keys to the 140 dollar tier (beyond the one that came with that tier), and I thought they were doing the same for the 65 dollar tier as well, but I've seen some of those pledgers report they didn't get an extra key. No other tiers were mentioned as getting an extra key.

I'm in Canada and haven't received my box yet, although I did get an e-mail notification that it has been shipped.

This baffles me. The 250, 500 and 750 tier also had one digital key, why the lower tiers get an additional download key when those who pledged more do not get one? I'm fine, I bought one extra just before release because I knew the physical goods will be late and I can wait for them - no problem. Eventually the super cool signed collector's edition will arrive and I will be happy. But what is the logic behing the extra key hassle?

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."

This baffles me. The 250, 500 and 750 tier also had one digital key, why the lower tiers get an additional download key when those who pledged more do not get one? I'm fine, I bought one extra just before release because I knew the physical goods will be late and I can wait for them - no problem. Eventually the super cool signed collector's edition will arrive and I will be happy. But what is the logic behing the extra key hassle?

No idea. I asked whether the other tiers would also get an extra key, but got no answer.

$140 tier here...no extra key here.....just the one that came with the tier level.

Edit:  But thanks for at least letting us know why there has been some delay.....pity it couldn't come from Obs/Paradox.

Edited by Maviarab

$140 tier here...no extra key here.....just the one that came with the tier level.

Edit:  But thanks for at least letting us know why there has been some delay.....pity it couldn't come from Obs/Paradox.

One of the Obs devs pointed it out in a thread here, but I don't recall which thread it was. They really should have posted an info thread in the Announcements forum addressing these concerns though.

• Like 1

Oh, I have. They said my address field was longer than 20 characters so they couldn't send it to the correct address,

Yeah I once wired money to someone in China and the bank had trouble paying it out because their name was longer than 10 characters. (Typical Chinese names of course only have 2 or 3 characters.)

No idea. I asked whether the other tiers would also get an extra key, but got no answer.

:huh:  Oh well. Maybe we'll get an answer someday. I'm not complaining or anything, just curious. But I'd be more than happy to give another key to my other friend just to make him play PE :p

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."

Phoenix, no was talking to ojsimpson

Grumbold.  Incorrect.  The vote was to send out the physical stuff BEFORE the actual game discs so we got our goodies FOR RELEASE and the discs would come later.

So, not only have we not had anything, we have also not even had a 'Sorry we're a &^%^$&* company and have no clue if even 'we' have your stuff' communication.

Oh sorry because I thought you answered to my post.

Ok, then it is done for me now.

You see that I liked your posting because it is so true what you said.

But to your last post I got second key at hero level.

Edited by Phoenixwi

My husband and I pledged at the $65 tier and have received only the digital copy that came with the pledge--no extra copy for one of us to use while we wait for the discs.

Also, lack of communication is not just a European issue. We live in the US and have received no information about when to expect the discs or our printed copy of the manual. 

• Like 1

Not really, no. We backers where there all along the way while they created this awesome game, and witnessed how all pieces came together and fell in place; and in fact we were the ones making it possible for you to buy it, because without our money there would be no game for you to buy in the first place. Apart from that, no delay on earth can take away that experience from me. And one cannot buy that in a shop on release date, either. :)

I was here as well, pretty much from the beginning. I was silently waiting 2 damn years. I registered not long before the beta, but I was keeping track of it long before that. The first "Update X" thread I saw was about the paladin. OE could have done it w/o Kickstarter, but we'd be playing a different game now.

There was a vote between the digital edition being released early, or everything waiting until the physical copies were all ready for shipping. The decision was made to release the digital stuff early. There is no delay with the physical shipment, there is an early release of the digital copy. For everyone able to access their digital copy while they wait for all the physical goods to be produced this is a good thing. My sympathies to those few having difficulties redeeming their keys. That the first batch of physical copies have been released to stores rather than used to fulfil backer tiers is down to the publisher, but understandable given the vote. We'd all still be waiting anyway, since they would not have released and shipped everything out with insufficient copies to send to stores even if there were no bonus content that has to be produced and added to backer tier copies.

There wasn't a vote on this.

The vote was if they should send the disks for the physical copy separately to the manuals and box so backers could get the physical game disk on Day 1, or wait to send everything off at once. The former option was decided but none of us have our physical copy get (in Europe at least) so it was a bit of a failure sadly.

Just checked my backer portal and they've added a Hero Edition key to my Products page. I backed at the $500 tier, so check your backer portals, folks. Looks like Obs is giving out extra keys.

THANK YOU, OBS!

I really wonder why they made that fuss about whether to ship the physicals good with or without the discs. It comes too late anyway.

I understand that shipping physical stuff to thousands of backers requires some logistics. But man, they had TWO YEARS to think about it!

They could have easily started shipping of all physical goods (except the discs) at the beginning of the year, then everybody could enjoy the game TOGETHER with their map, manual etc.

Now, with my status still showing "Shipping soon", I just have the option to wait another couple of weeks if I want to play while having my physical goods, or play now and receive my physical stuff when I'm already through with the game :(

My lesson learned: never back for physical goods again