Those of us who kickstarted the $65 pledge for the box, got the shaft

Obsidian, I have been your most ardent supporter since your company formed and purchased every product ever [Okay except that South Park junk]

But here people can go into a shop, people who didn't fork out cash on good faith, have THEIR box and THEIR game and are playing it, and we Champion pledgers are still sitting in the dark waiting for our box and our CDs. 

Completely lame and feeling bitterly disappointed in the way the physical box and CD mess was handled.

Legit complain. Isn't the entire point of usa is you give money and get product? So we gave money and basically got no product. My boxed version is nowhere to be seen and depends on what delivery agency they'll choose, I may not even see that. Ever. And it's already April and still not a damn was given about at least giving approximate date for EU customers. Just say that these countries will get around these dates, those on that date and so on. usa people got their stuff on time I assume because of some potential legal ramifications, but screw eu. At least that is how it's seen for me. It's really bugging me that in order to play game I paid money for I have to go to shady sites and use that version. That is not fun after spending 120$ on kickstarter.

It's really bugging me that in order to play game I paid money for I have to go to shady sites and use that version.

What shady sites? I thought people with box versions received two copies, physical and digital, so you can just play the digital one while waiting for the box. Was I mistaken? Edited by Rosveen
  • Like 1

Mind you, I pre-ordered the CoH2 collector's edition shortly before Sega bought Relic and THQ tanked.

Man, we were royally shafted. Like, without lube.

So atm I'm holding my counsel. Paradox don't seem to have really shown any sense of urgency in keeping customers in any sort of loop, though.

sonsofgygax.JPG

It's really bugging me that in order to play game I paid money for I have to go to shady sites and use that version.

What shady sites? I thought people with box versions received two copies, physical and digital, so you can just play the digital one while waiting for the box. Was I mistaken?

If I remember correctly digital version was also in that box pledge and it was intended as a gift to my friend. Either that or it was a coincidence that misunderstanding that line about this pledge also getting everything lower steps of pledges fall in line with obsidian adding digital version.

And to be clear - I'm not saying game is bad. My around 25+ hours with it are amazing, but come on... 120$ and I MAYBE will get physical rewards sometimes June (my personal 'prediction') and actual disc who knows when :( What was the point in keeping physical rewards if they most likely knew this will happen? why not just change physical to digital.

Edited by Varithus

As far as I know the non-collector's edition box will be shipped with the disc, so we'll have to wait for that. That was my pledge and I'm from Europe as well. We need to be patient, enjoy the game. Those physical rewards will arrive soontm.

Edited by Tuth

I live in Europe and still haven't received my Wasteland 2. You're lucky to live in USA. :D

Crossing my fingers that I get my box sometime... next year. Maybe.

Edited by SeekDWay

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

I agree that the communication surrounding this has been awful.  I understand that shipping takes a fair bit of time, but an email to all of us to give some approximate dates, a status update, etc., does not.  As it is, I've heard absolutely nothing about what's going on with the physical items since the update with the poll results.

• Like 1

I live in Europe and still haven't received my Wasteland 2. You're lucky to live in USA. :D

Have you been in contact with inXile as you should have gotten your copy already. I got my in December of last year, which was what they said after several delay notices. 

i

in kickstarter you'll always have the people that only donated so they could complain. People love complaining. That's really what he paid for and he got it thank god.

I thought with the term "shaft" and "box" maybe we were talking about something else. 

• Like 4

What shady sites? I thought people with box versions received two copies, physical and digital, so you can just play the digital one while waiting for the box. Was I mistaken?

No, you are correct. I should get a boxed copy, based on my pledge level and order, as well as an additional digital copy. On release date though I was allowed to generate two digital keys (one for my own (boxed) Royal Edition, and one as additional CHampion Edition copy), and I could download and play the game with my RE key just fine (I gifted the second key to my sister, and she's having a blast as well). So yes, every backer with a boxed copy got one additional digital key, so we're all able to play the game since release, box or no box.

However, I have yet to receive any information at all when to expect my physical collector's items or my physical game box. The former was supposed to arrive "at or near release date" according to Update #89, but since we're already a week past that date, and without any further information I have no idea when I'll ever get my items, and whether they'll come with the game box or whether that box will come at an even later date... :(

So yeah, I share the OP's frustration about how physical items for Europe were handled.

Edited by Lythe Vodaine

FdSm3p1.png

I knew it was getting here later, and I have a copy of the game anyhow.

Can't say I got shafted yet, since I don't have the box in front of me to inspect.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

Have you been in contact with inXile as you should have gotten your copy already. I got my in December of last year, which was what they said after several delay notices. 

Oh, I have. They said my address field was longer than 20 characters so they couldn't send it to the correct address, that was after I contacted them. I find that quite hilarious, were my expectation not so low I might have found that infuriating. It's supposedly on the way... for some time now.

Don't get me wrong inXile rock,  I just have 0 faith in euro post.

Edited by SeekDWay

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

Hello all,

I'm a proud kickstarter backer and played the game too, but I'm wondering about sending my physical reward to Germany. I'm waiting too for confirmation of sending package to me.

Well good is that we can play now because digital key. But other (I mean other kickstarter projects like Broken Sword, not other backers in this project) sends them early so all people got their reward between 1 day and 2 weeks (Australia). Here we are waiting more than 1 week :(.

Edited by Phoenixwi

Oj..you're as idiotic as your namesake.  Please go away.  when paying close to £140 for physical goods...to be told (due to an overwhelming vote) that we will get our goods around release date and the discs at a later time..to have NO information at all...is quite frankly worrying.

I am in 100% agreement with the op and other posters.  

Quite frankly, for the money I backed, I damn well expect some communication as to where my product is.

It was my understanding the regular box set (non-collector) were to ship with discs on a later date - it has only been a week since release - I suspect all is not lost quite yet.

It is also my understanding we will recieve an email from Paradox when they ship - and because it comes from Paradox we may need to check junk/spam folder for it - I have not yet rec'd this so I assume it has not yet shipped.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

No, you are correct. I should get a boxed copy, based on my pledge level and order, as well as an additional digital copy. On release date though I was allowed to generate two digital keys (one for my own (boxed) Royal Edition, and one as additional CHampion Edition copy), and I could download and play the game with my RE key just fine (I gifted the second key to my sister, and she's having a blast as well). So yes, every backer with a boxed copy got one additional digital key, so we're all able to play the game since release, box or no box.

Holy Yuno and Revy I just realized that I don't have damn Champion edition entry in my products stuff. And I could generate only 1 key. And link to support redirects me to paradox who doesn't even have Pillars in their damn "choose game" list... god *** damnit obsidian... 

Holy Yuno and Revy I just realized that I don't have damn Champion edition entry in my products stuff. And I could generate only 1 key. And link to support redirects me to paradox who doesn't even have Pillars in their damn "choose game" list... god *** damnit obsidian... 

I'm sorry, my memory failed me: I just had another look, and the second key is for a Hero Edition, not a Champion Edition. I read about other people who wouldn't get the second key unlocked, and I think you'll have to contact CS about that. :mellow:

Edited by Lythe Vodaine
  • Like 1

FdSm3p1.png

Oj..you're as idiotic as your namesake.  Please go away.  when paying close to £140 for physical goods...to be told (due to an overwhelming vote) that we will get our goods around release date and the discs at a later time..to have NO information at all...is quite frankly worrying.

I am in 100% agreement with the op and other posters.  

Quite frankly, for the money I backed, I damn well expect some communication as to where my product is.

Do you mean me as idiotic, so be warned, I don't like your tune.

Fact is that we don't get our physical rewards.

Fact is that we don't have good communication.

Fact is that nobody knows what happens to our rewards.

Fact is that Shipping soon doesn't mean that we will ship the package in next days because I have this state 3 weeks before.

Is there actually anybody in Europa who already got their box?

I live in Belgium, got nothing yet - I expected that I was an exception to not get my stuff - but NOBODY got it yet? :s

They really should communicate about this.

• Like 1

There was a vote between the digital edition being released early, or everything waiting until the physical copies were all ready for shipping. The decision was made to release the digital stuff early. There is no delay with the physical shipment, there is an early release of the digital copy. For everyone able to access their digital copy while they wait for all the physical goods to be produced this is a good thing. My sympathies to those few having difficulties redeeming their keys. That the first batch of physical copies have been released to stores rather than used to fulfil backer tiers is down to the publisher, but understandable given the vote. We'd all still be waiting anyway, since they would not have released and shipped everything out with insufficient copies to send to stores even if there were no bonus content that has to be produced and added to backer tier copies.

I'm sorry, my memory failed me: I just had another look, and the second key is for a Hero Edition, not a Champion Edition. I read about other people who wouldn't get the second key unlocked, and I think you'll have to contact CS about that. :mellow:

Hey... Wait a second. Who were supposed to get an additional key? I mean which tiers? I backed 250 dollars and I had only the royal edition key. Because I already promised my friend my digital key I bought one extra hero edition key. So was I supposed to get that free of charge? A bit confused here. And yeah, no word on the physical goods...

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."