Monk Wounds Not Reducing Damage

View619

Question

So, I'm testing a Monk now and don't see any damage mitigation via wounds. Not sure if it's working, but it seems to be broken when compared to the description. Is this a known issue that's being worked on or investigated?

7 answers to this question

The early design of Monks had some of the damage inflicted on a Monk converted to wounds (ie they would take less damage from hits against them).  Then, if they did not expend the wounds to fuel special attacks, eventually the wound would be converted to damage to the Monk.

That design was changed to the current system.  Monks take full damage from attacks against them, but earn wounds based on the amount of damage they have taken.  They can use or not use those wounds as they see fit.  The wounds mechanic is not an inherent source of damage mitigation.

• Like 2

Ah so they're bad now is what you mean?

Ok thx.

Frontliners in PoE take damage. No exceptions. You might as well get some mileage for your money, as long as you're spending - that's what monks do.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Nah, I know lol, they're fine, great even.

I just heard about this mechanic and it sounded so unique and powerful and just my style and they removed it.

Was really disappointed not to see it in play, I actually heard of it way after it was removed.

That was just a pissed off reaction.