Best DPS  ? Druid. Why on earth aren't you mention the class which has the best ability to dish out pain. I am playing a druid and I feel like they trivialise a fair amount of the content because they hit so freaking hard. In the time it takes you to swing a melee weapon a druid can kill as many mobs as you can make stand near each other.

I'm waiting for the patch to fix the game breaking bugs and have been testing different character builds.  So far, my best experience with DPS has been either a Fire or Moon Godlike Barbarian with lots of dex and might for quick attack speed and damage bonus.

The moon godlike procs a healing effect since barbarians can lose endurance in some situations.  The fire godlike procs extra fire damage.

I'd say the fire godlike deals more dps but the moon godlike survives a bit longer.

I've not managed to find a build that can kill the bear at the beginning of the game yet though (single char at level 2)

:(

I'm pretty sure nothing can beat rogue in single target dps if u use the right gear and build. In aoe situations my barb takes the win, my party doesn't have any spell casters expect priests so I can't say anything about ciphers, wizards or druids.

You can buff the rogue so much with only a few spells including paladins attack speed buff and some priest buffs, with Azureith's Stiletto & Bleak Fang enchanted to the max the damage is just off the roof.

It truely seems like everyone has a different opinion about this after reading the whole thread.

I'm pretty sure nothing can beat rogue in single target dps if u use the right gear and build. In aoe situations my barb takes the win, my party doesn't have any spell casters expect priests so I can't say anything about ciphers, wizards or druids.

You can buff the rogue so much with only a few spells including paladins attack speed buff and some priest buffs, with Azureith's Stiletto & Bleak Fang enchanted to the max the damage is just off the roof.

It truely seems like everyone has a different opinion about this after reading the whole thread.

I agree with you that rogue is better single target DPS but when you calculate DPS you're usually fighting groups which pushes Barb ahead since technically you're doing damage to lots of things which is calculated in your dps.

How are you sure that nothing beats a rogue if you haven't tried the casters?

Azurieth's Stiletto procs a crappy 1st level wizard spell 1/encounter, so an actual wizard can cast spells dealing way more damage.

Assuming Hard/POTD just about every encounter outside trash stuff aoe dps is more useful than single target.