They probably should have placed culture selection before attribute assignment.

Thankfully, it's easy to click on the stat block in the center and make adjustments after you've settled on your culture (or just eventually memorize what culture boosts what and preemptively adjust to compensate).

--/\/

People suggested this everyday since the beta came out. They never changed it. Everytime I make a character I still do culture first then go back to the stats. 

No probably about it.  They absolutely should have. They were told they should.  Having modifiers before and after attribute assignment without any real explanation of what is going on (for new players) is mindbogglingly bad design.

People suggested this everyday since the beta came out. They never changed it. Everytime I make a character I still do culture first then go back to the stats. 

I think they didn't change it because of the way the character creation screen was set up. 3 on the left, 3 on the right, stats in the middle. I think that's right, right? 

Although I think a better option wouldve been to just not give a default bonus. Then you know exactly what stats you have and the culture point just feels like a bonus. Instead you might think "o I have 16 Res, thats good" and then all of a sudden you dont and youre like "wtf?" Wouldve made more sense to me.