Trials of Durance - Stuck on "continue to get to know Durance"

I've seen other threads where people have gotten stuck on this, but I think I'm stuck at a different part. I've gotten past the step about the vision, now I'm on "continue to get to know Durance". The thing is I've been stuck there since the beginning of Act 2. Now I'm at Twin Elms already and I can't figure out how to advance the quest. I've tried talking to him numerous times, but I think I've exhausted all conversation options. Is there something that I need to do to trigger this, or have I just not gotten far enough yet? Thanks.

I've seen other threads where people have gotten stuck on this, but I think I'm stuck at a different part. I've gotten past the step about the vision, now I'm on "continue to get to know Durance". The thing is I've been stuck there since the beginning of Act 2. Now I'm at Twin Elms already and I can't figure out how to advance the quest. I've tried talking to him numerous times, but I think I've exhausted all conversation options. Is there something that I need to do to trigger this, or have I just not gotten far enough yet? Thanks.

IIRC you're not actually stuck there. Check all his dialog and you should have a new dialog option tucked away somewhere. Wasn't so hard to find though.

OR if I'm mistaken, this one triggers on it's own. If you've yet to see one where you wake up and see a vision of Durance trying to blow onto the embers of his staff to keep them lit, failing and then throwing the staff down, then don't worry cause this step triggers itself.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

As I saw, the quest has three stages that I saw; after resting at level 6, after resting at level 9, and then in Act 3 after a certain event.

Finally some concrete information. Thank you. I'm in Twin Elms, but I haven't yet gone to Burial Isle or prayed to the gods. Have I missed it? No spoilers please, yes or no is fine. And thanks.

Edited by Cryptomancer

It happens after prayer to a certain group of gods. The one that involves a certain goddess I believe.

Which gets you stuck on another piece.

The quest log says to 

Convince him using his own words about Magran

Yet I exhausted every option and are left with

"It's just a feeling I have Magran killed 11 of the godhammer authors and psst, youre next"

It happens after prayer to a certain group of gods. The one that involves a certain goddess I believe.

Which gets you stuck on another piece.

The quest log says to 

Convince him using his own words about Magran

Yet I exhausted every option and are left with

"It's just a feeling I have Magran killed 11 of the godhammer authors and psst, youre next"

Have you tried resting in an inn a few times and trying again? My problem was that prayer activated final dialogues for two companions (him and GM) and GM was blocking him, so I had to deal with her first.

Edit: also, what is the code for spoiler tags? Many thanks in advance. (:

Edited by Primislas

It is ]spoiler[ ]/spoiler[ (just reverse the brackets ;) )

I slept quite a few times, maybe I got Grieve-blocked indeed. He didn't approach the topic on his own after getting the blessing of the gods. Will have to try another time or an older save and do it again.