Only one prisoner at a time?

After I built the dungeons, I ran into Gramrfel the Wayfarer on the road and took him prisoner. Held him for a while. Then I ran into Eorn in the catacombs and took him prisoner--and now Gramrfel doesn't even show up in the interface anymore.

Is this normal?

I don't understand it at all.  I built it, and was all excited.  I NEVER had the opportunity to take anyone prisoner... Why not?  How do you do it?

Also, what is the point in doing it?  Do you get some sort of benefit from it?  More dialogue options?

"1 is 1"

I don't understand it at all.  I built it, and was all excited.  I NEVER had the opportunity to take anyone prisoner... Why not?  How do you do it?

Also, what is the point in doing it?  Do you get some sort of benefit from it?  More dialogue options?

I too wish to know the answers to the above questions.

But to partially answer about how you take prisoners: you have to convince them to not fight youu (at least the one I had I get this way...). I don't know if it is possible to imprison someone after you start a battle....

I too wish to know the answers to the above questions.

But to partially answer about how you take prisoners: you have to convince them to not fight youu (at least the one I had I get this way...). I don't know if it is possible to imprison someone after you start a battle....

Gramrfel the Wayfarer begs for his life after you beat the crap out of him when his party tries to mug you, and then you have the option of killing him or imprisoning him.

Oh that's good...and thank god for that, since my chars are usually one the aggresive side:)

...after you jail them do you get to do something interesting with them (talking is in the ''interesting'' category:) )?

Sometimes somebody will come along and offer money in exchange for them. I read an update that said some prisoners can be exchanged for unique items, but I haven't seen it yet. You can also talk to them, but only a line or two of dialogue I believe. And you can have your prison guard flog them!

But I don't know what consequences that has...

Yea flogging them....

....but Imo it was missed opportunity for new (and interesting) companions. The only one I imprisoned was some wizard that worked for the bad guy's organizations (can't remember the name) and...the poor girl sits forgotten in the jail since I neither think she deserve further punishment nor to be set free (at best she will be killed...). But oh well....the game just came out...

Yea flogging them....

....but Imo it was missed opportunity for new (and interesting) companions. The only one I imprisoned was some wizard that worked for the bad guy's organizations (can't remember the name) and...the poor girl sits forgotten in the jail since I neither think she deserve further punishment nor to be set free (at best she will be killed...). But oh well....the game just came out...

I really like the idea of imprisoning somebody who eventually bargains for their release in exchange for a geas on their soul, and thus a new companion. Maybe the expansion. :)

There's a list somewhere of who all can be taken prisoner - my first prisoner was Mr Wayfarer too lol.  I wanted to see who all I could toss down there, because sometimes the dialogue is pretty funny lol.  "Remember it'd get awfully lonely down here if you killed me" was perhaps my favorite.  I liked the idea, because I generally approached the game with a character who attempted not to kill people unless it was absolutely necessary and giving me the option of tossing them in the clank made me happy. 

From what I saw on the in-game loading screen tips, there's a chance that you'll get a visitor who wants to take a prisoner off your hands for rare items. I haven't had it happen. There's a bunch of different prisoners out there, you need to go find the side quests for them in some cases. However, make sure your security level is pretty damn high, or they'll just let themselves out after a while.

Ahhh- because of that.  If I have an expectation that they are a potential enemy, I attack first, ask questions later ;)  So, as a result, I guess I've probably been destroying that opportunity from the get go.  Doesn't sound like it is that great, basically.  Cool idea, not amazing implementation.

"1 is 1"