Spell casting accuracy question

That's a good question. I know a lot of spells get "+X" versus defenses, but... I dunno what it uses as the base. Maybe just your base Accuracy?

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

It would be nice if it was explained better, I don't mind the accuracy affecting spells as long as I can stack accuracy from talents and so on, as that allows them the chance to crit.  Plus the only defense against the attacks are the same defenses used by others, for things like debuffs.  If it does affect it would it only be the Implement weapons?  Implement and Quarterstaves for the traditional mage/druid type thing?  The only +x I've seen for spells is +10 accuracy, which for the ones I've been looking are the ones that start with the worst accuracy which simply brings them to the same level as the high accuracy classes.  Except at high levels those classes can have +18 to accuracy from gear and talents, and up to +30 if they are using a 1 handed weapon.

So, someone posted that this is how spell accuracy is determined.  If it's right then there are currently no ways to really try to stack accuracy with spells other then general bonuses that are available to pretty much everyone, meaning spells for wizards/druids(and I think clerics) will be 18-30 short of any other character of that race that is accuracy focused with a weapon.

Edit:  Here is the thread.  http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73874-how-is-spell-accuracy-determined/

Edited by Bulshock

tbh the only thing I do not like is the accuracy affecting the spells... you already have to work with Friendly Fire AoEs and then you realzie that you cant even hit them (deflecting magic missiles, really?!)

Well, in D&D, for example, it didn't make much since the "other" way: there WAS no spell accuracy. They basically always hit. They didn't always affect the target, but they never missed. That's a bit strange, don't you think? You're making a fiery projectile, then hurling it at your foes. It's actually traveling from point A to point B, based on where you willingly made it go, but you don't have to aim it? You just mentally wish for it to strike a foe, and it strikes that foe?

Why can't D&D Wizards just jedi-mind-bend arrows and bolts fired from bows/crossbows to always hit? 8P

PoE's system at least works better, if you ask me. Now, the values within it might need some work, but the concept of "you actually have to aim your spells" is too legit to quit.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u